• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you guys think of mesa and why

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean the cancer? They are a bunch of spinless pilots that need to step up to the plate. They have a chance to get a good contract... They should be an industry leader since they are the second biggest regional in the country (Get a contract to show it). They have been a great place to build time, an cut the knees out from other pilots, I just hope that the can raise the bar for a change instead of lowering it!!!!!

I try not to hate the players, I hate the game but it is time to grow a pair, fellow ALPA commrades!!!!!!

Mesa Airlines

I'll qualify my .02 opinion by saying at the outset that I worked there very briefly nine years ago during the Risley regime. This was before ALPA and while Larry Risley resisted unions.

I didn't like the place. I was hired at Mesa to work at MAPD. I had come off an involuntary job separation which I disclosed fully on my application and explained fully at my interview to the Chief Instructor and to Risley's brother, Gary, who was some kind of corporate counsel or something. The real deal about instructing at MAPD was that instructors were sent to ground school after a time to be 1900 FOs. I had been trying for years to be hired at a commuter and I was jumping for joy about being hired. I thought that I finally would get my chance.

The long and short of it is I moved myself from Northern California to Farmington and went to Corporate to be processed. The personnel lady asked for a five-year employment history. Although I had disclosed it fully on my app, I still provided it to her, including paperwork on my job separation. She looked at it and said that I might not be eligible for employment because I had a termination. I recall telling her that I stated all this to the Chief Instructor and Gary Risley and was told that it was okay. So, she went back to her boss, came back, and told me that I was fine. She told all this to the Chief Instructor.

He sees me a couple of days later. He told me that it was true that Mesa AIRLINES will not hire pilots who've had job separations. He said that I can work for MAPD but would not be considered for the airline. This was after I had disclosed my job separation and explained it fully to him and Gary Risley. So, I felt that I was lied to about my chance to fly for Mesa Airlines.

That's why I don't like Mesa.

Last edited:
Lousy.

I ran into untold numbers of very unhappy fellow fliers while I was there (for a very short time). I have since moved onto to another regional where the employee attitudes and company managment are heads and shoulders above Mesa. The only good thing about my time at Mesa was the great job the RJ instructor did and the fact that working there and quitting there allowed me the chance to get my current job.

Enjoy.
gns2005

Latest resources

Back