Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup. Into my third year.

Ref

They had clalled me up for a street captain position in the ATR out of SBA which I had to say "thanx but no thanx" b/c west coast is just unaffordable with the starting salary. Texas base would've been doable. How you liking it there after 3 years?

The SBA base has been empty for quite a while. For the exact reasons you mentioned. To the best of my knowledge the only Texas slot is a F/O position in Midland. Upgrading in to the South Central/Texas system may take awhile, the Captains down here are not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Life here is like life at any other regional I suppose. We just don't fly a lot.

Where are you at that you were thinking of coming over here?

Ref

The SBA base has been empty for quite a while. For the exact reasons you mentioned. To the best of my knowledge the only Texas slot is a F/O position in Midland. Upgrading in to the South Central/Texas system may take awhile, the Captains down here are not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Life here is like life at any other regional I suppose. We just don't fly a lot.

Where are you at that you were thinking of coming over here?

Ref

Well when they originally called me I was flying a Lear jet in ADS, and later when they called again I was fairly at Eagle. I flew freight years ago and liked it very much, but man not enough pay for the west coast, ya know? I figured the AFW guys there wouldnt be going anyways soon. So I told the HR lady to call me when something opened up, but I'm sure that when it does someone already in will transfer or by then I'll hit 60 and retire! LOL.
But I told HR that I would commute to SBA if I decided to do it, and she told me that commuting is nearly impossible with the type of schedules you guys have. So i declined. I just got picked up by Mesaba as a Captain, so I'm gonna try to commute from memphis or just move out there.

Andate mijo....

Chalie Papa...... esta es tu conciencia mijo, andate, la decicion no es entre Mesaba y Egale:puke: , es entre FO y Capt.:beer:

LLamame cuando le atines quien soy.:pimp:

Latest resources

Back