What do Netjets guys do on long flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know, i'm old school I guess. .

I dont understand these guys that feel the need to listen to music ALL the time (walking thru the terminal, flying). Maybe I'm old school, but music just isnt that important to me. Most of todays music is crap anyway.

And agreed, if the company policy prohibits their use, dont do it....it aint worth it.

Do what you wish, but policy is policy and I am not going to sacrafice my Captain's pay (which I worked so hard for) so my F/O can listen to AeroSmith!!!!

Turn it off........plain and simple

Don't want to turn it off....explain it to the ACP....you're not worth it.

You've got some senior FO's.

But it's a bit hypocritical, don't you think, to make jabs at people you claim need electronic stimulation 24 hours a day, when you yourself have almost 1800 posts on this message board?
In what, 11 years? That's not so bad. I average only about 1.5 hrs a week in here cumulatively. Most of that is on my 3 hour show-go leads for a 7 hour hot spare period anyways.:rolleyes:
Anyways, like I said, it's not as much the iPod as it is that our owners pay LOTS of money for pilots to NOT listen to iPods in flight. Right or wrong, they perceive it as better piloting, and that's what they pay for. That's all I'm saying here. Personally, on ferry legs I could give a flip, so long as I'm not flying with someone who "shuts down" when his iPod is on. I hate that look of "do not disturb" that appears when they plug in, so I can sit there twiddling my thumbs the whole week. Just plain rude.

Wrong the FOM is accepted not approved. Big difference. If there is a conflict between the FOM and FARs then the FARs win.

Are you sure about that? I thought it was always the most restrictive of the two. Regardless, I don't think your reasoning would be accepted by a CP if you violate the FOM, but not an FAR.

Personally, on ferry legs I could give a flip, so long as I'm not flying with someone who "shuts down" when his iPod is on. I hate that look of "do not disturb" that appears when they plug in, so I can sit there twiddling my thumbs the whole week. Just plain rude.

Awwww. That's so cute. Do you need a hug?
:nuts:

Are you sure about that? I thought it was always the most restrictive of the two. Regardless, I don't think your reasoning would be accepted by a CP if you violate the FOM, but not an FAR.

Thats what I was trying to say. Most restrictive wins.

Latest resources

Back