Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did you do part time while you CFI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
I'm interested to hear of ways to work a few days a week, in the evening, to make money to help pay bills. I realize making a living as a CFI is not going to happen, so I'm thinking about what to do that will help pay the bills. Wait tables, Bartender, etc. What did (do) you do, where did (do) you work? Opinions & thoughts are welcome.

Regards,

TA

If you have skills outside of flying, you might consider using them.

In my case, I voiced some commercials and corporate videos, and updated some ASE study guides for Motor Age magazine. I might have starved without this extra money.

I threw bags (and other stuff too) for UAL. It was a great deal - part-time, bennie's, flight privelages, preferential pilot interview someday. Not that the preferential interview matters much anymore :-(........

I also played bartender/server for a number of years during college. Good money in return for late nights and hard work.

Worked at a video store.

All are usually open until midnight, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

And if the weather was not conducive to flight instructing, I would call and let them know if someone couldn't make it in, I could work that day. Picked up extra hours!!

I'm waiting to get out of college before I start instructing, but my plan of attack is this:

SUGAR MOMMA!

I've been trying to get my girlfriend to go to law school, but right now she's dead set on being a kindergarden teacher. DOH! I'm still working on that. :p

If all else fails, I'll take a programming contract on the side to make ends meet.

I was a Southwest Flight Attendant. Had full benefits, 401k, and good money. With the job, I was able to trip trade and could work as little or as much as I needed. It was a cool job and I got to know people at the Co who could help me in the future, I hope!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back