Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did Ed Bastain, new NWA CEO, say about MEM? Here it is...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^^^

For the operations at airports go here:
http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/busiest_airports/index.cfm?airportType=All&year=2007

As for the rest, as I said at the beginning of my post, I could also be wrong (I know as much, maybe even less, about the future than all the other pilots wandering around these days)

Is the reason DTW developed into an asian hub the auto industry? I guess that's possible, honestly I hadn't thought about it. Really though, the only thing that MI has that would relate to their business is a supplier or two, most of the asian automotive operations in the US are in the south (Carolinas, Tenn and so on).

You're right about the number of flights, there aren't that many asian departures/arrivals so yes, they could be moved with probably little effort. I guess my question would be why bother?

I fully realize that DAL didn't do this deal because of their desire to be in any of NWA's hubs, DTW or otherwise, I guess from my eyes it doesn't make sense to abandon a modern hub that you pretty much own and handles the operations well. Again though, I have no idea what makes sense to the management bobbleheads.

Remember that the dtw terminal and I believe the 4th runway were RAs babies while he was at the old nwa. Now that he is the head of the new nwa, I doubt he is going to abandon dtw or msp. Also controlling the heartland was his strateragy.

^^^

For the operations at airports go here:
http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/busiest_airports/index.cfm?airportType=All&year=2007

As for the rest, as I said at the beginning of my post, I could also be wrong (I know as much, maybe even less, about the future than all the other pilots wandering around these days)

Is the reason DTW developed into an asian hub the auto industry? I guess that's possible, honestly I hadn't thought about it. Really though, the only thing that MI has that would relate to their business is a supplier or two, most of the asian automotive operations in the US are in the south (Carolinas, Tenn and so on).

You're right about the number of flights, there aren't that many asian departures/arrivals so yes, they could be moved with probably little effort. I guess my question would be why bother?

I fully realize that DAL didn't do this deal because of their desire to be in any of NWA's hubs, DTW or otherwise, I guess from my eyes it doesn't make sense to abandon a modern hub that you pretty much own and handles the operations well. Again though, I have no idea what makes sense to the management bobbleheads.

I agree. We will not given up much in DTW or MSP.
I think people forget that MSP is home to many Fortune 500 companies.

DTW is dealing with the melt down of the auto industry, but I think we will be a long term player here too.

I agree. We will not given up much in DTW or MSP.
I think people forget that MSP is home to many Fortune 500 companies.

DTW is dealing with the melt down of the auto industry, but I think we will be a long term player here too.

Do you ever say anything negative about Delta? Another koolaid drinker hired at Delta in 07 with their head stuck in the sand. Good luck with all this....

ps...go walk the kid will ya?

DTW is the best connecting hub in the US period. Best terminal for quick transfers, room to grow, 4 full service rwys, etc. Yeah, yeah, dtw itself sucks(we no that, but its ours) but as a whole for the catchment area available to it, kicks ORDs ass and with the feed of the combined airline will only become more important.

Do you ever say anything negative about Delta? Another koolaid drinker hired at Delta in 07 with their head stuck in the sand. Good luck with all this....

ps...go walk the kid will ya?

We have a very hard time with our IT. It is like pulling teeth to come out of the 20th century.

Our Manuals are horrible.

Until recently DAL did not know what the word compete meant.

Is that good enough for you?
BTW are you on furlough, living in Newnan, because you have a ton of time on your hands.

Latest resources

Back