• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What can Southwest do for me???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you have really hit the head of the nail here. SWA really sucks. I only have 7 days off a month and I fly up to 100 hours a month on average (take two months off with no pay at the end of the year). I am never home since we have started to model ourselves off of a real airline... you know flying 1 to 2 legs a day with our 40 -50 hour layovers.

Please, I beg you, don't turn the tables on us... we don't like to waste time on folks that don't want to work here.

Last edited:
You know after further review: U R AN A$$
would have worked better.

Last edited:
Realyman;

Koolaid! Do you like Koolaid? They can let you drink lots of Koolaid!

Calm down WN'ers, that was all in jest! I just couldn't resist!

To each there own. As I am sure you know already you have to find the right fit between you and the company you work with - (Notice "with" & not "for". Work is a symbiotic relationship).

WN has a pretty tightly defined profile of personality that they prefer. From the outside looking in there is no rhyme or reason to just how they choose their candidates that become "probies".

The streets are littered with people that have a strong sense of dedication and desire to work with WN. They assumed that they would be a good fit and an asset to WN but were never selected. In many cases these individuals were interviewed numerous times. They possibly might have been a good fit but just never made it through the narrow profile.

Who knows, you might go in for the interview and get the job in spite of what you might think!

Just in case you don't know WN is the 2 letter identifier for SWA.

Take Care & Good Luck To Us All!

Last edited:
737 tpe rating-- $8000-10000
getting an interview-- doing something right

kissing it all a way because you like your regional--priceless?? senseless?? just too funny to me. (good luck with that)

"BTW, I thought about FedEx & JetBlue. No way Jose"
(maybe you know something I don't--all concerned do not, i repeat do not consider FDX, Jetblue, hel! even UPS, Airtran....)

Rico (not jose)

Cheesemo,

Since you said you do interviews. Question. I'm at ATA, if this codeshare thing goes through, will SWA hire any ATA pilots? I would think they would be afraid of leaving ATA, their codeshare, short on crews, hurting the revenue stream. Might be some other issues in there as well.

App. in 11/20. Third time around.

Hate to see what's happening with us. I've had a blast here, but I guess it's time to go.

You're too good for any of these rotten airlines. You should start your own.

Realyman said:
Everyone seems to say that SWA will save you from something& is the best place around. What do they have to offer me??? Besides, they hire gay pilots.

BTW, I thought about FedEx & JetBlue. No way Jose.

Halintexas,

I don't know what will happen, if (big IF), SWA and ATA code share. I do know that we are interviewing and hiring ATA pilots now (along with pilots from several other carriers). The interviewers realize there are many good reasons for decisions made in a career. We look for a good personality fit, period. We double check to make sure there are no skeletons in the closet (OK, big skeletons!). I don't think being from another carrier is ever a deal breaker.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back