• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Can One Expect To Earn?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, you are spot on. It's just that everyone assumes you'll only work 2,080 hours exactly your first year. Add in training, IOE Jumpseating, recurrents, holidays, the option to show up 20 mins before your shift and leave 10 mins after your shift, overtime shifts...There's a potential there to pull in some good money even if the starting wage is $15-16/hr.

I have never heard "regional dispatching" and "good money" used in the same sentence before.

I have never heard "regional dispatching" and "good money" used in the same sentence before.
I wouldn't call SKW "good money", but a comfortable living was easily doable there after a few years. A comfortable living can be made at the regional airlines, it just takes a little more work.

Keep in mind that PNCL is the farm team for FedEx, a LOT of ex-PNCL DX are over at big purple making much much more than that, if you can stand PNCL for that long...

PNCL hires a lot of guys who have or currently work ramp for FX. From what I've heard a year of 121 dispatching plus some time on the ramp and Fred will make ya a Big Purple DX'er.

Point in case alot of 9E are in and out in short order beacuse their simply fufilling Big Purples requirement for a year of 121.

I was in class with an ex-9E at FDX; he is getting OJT right now on the domestic side (I'm international); once he is signed off he will be an ATC Coordinator.

He also had FX ramp experience from a long time ago.

I wouldn't call SKW "good money", but a comfortable living was easily doable there after a few years. A comfortable living can be made at the regional airlines, it just takes a little more work.

The CoL/Income does make a difference, too, as I noted in my last post. Great Lakes doesn't pay much, but Cheyenne sure is hella cheap; much cheaper than SGU. Of course, unlike may of the others, Great Lakes and SkyWest both have to contend with fighting for a precious spot on the non-rev shuttle to the hub.

Latest resources

Back