Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwa747

wac111
I'm thinking of going the dispatcher route and want to get some insight on pay. What would my career income expectations be? Is it very difficult to get hired by a legacy or can I expect a career at a regional?

I suggest you put in your time at the regionals to get your experience first. Then after you get 5+ years, maybe just maybe they industry will have taken a turn for the better and may see some significant growth and opprotunities at the majors (one can always hope right). Pay at regionals will be marginal at best. Don't expect to be living large by any means. Expect starting out in the low 30's.

I suggest you put in your time at the regionals to get your experience first. Then after you get 5+ years, maybe just maybe they industry will have taken a turn for the better and may see some significant growth and opprotunities at the majors (one can always hope right). Pay at regionals will be marginal at best. Don't expect to be living large by any means. Expect starting out in the low 30's.

Hell, AA starts in the low 30's!!!

Of course AA is in negotiations, hopefully that starting rate will be improved.

One can always hope it goes up a decent amount.. Right now SkyWest starts at approx $31200...

One can always hope it goes up a decent amount.. Right now SkyWest starts at approx $31200...

Nausiating huh? Plus who wants to live in St George? Not me. I am sure it's beautiful country. Thanks but no thanks.

Nausiating huh? Plus who wants to live in St George? Not me. I am sure it's beautiful country. Thanks but no thanks.

To each his own... Hell id rather live here than in Dallas or Houston for example.

Depends on how you look at it. B6 starts out $10,000 more, but you end up spending all of your money on rent, and don't get past the poverty line for at least 6 years.

Depends on how you look at it. B6 starts out $10,000 more, but you end up spending all of your money on rent, and don't get past the poverty line for at least 6 years.

True. I don't know how you could even live in that city for that pay? Who wants to live like a regional pilot shacked up with 4 other people anyway? :)

Latest resources

Back