What can Brown do for us?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CCDiscoB said:
15% seems very low. I can't imagine that 85% of packages shipped stay on trucks. If that number is correct, then I've totally under estimated the shipping business.
I think you may have underestimated the shipping business. ;)

If you're talking about price per package, or profit per package, or even volume (cubic feet) of packages, the numbers might look different. But when you look strictly at the number of packages shipped via air versus strictly by truck, I think the 15% figure is in the ballpark.

Dav8tor said:
Airline compensation expert Kit Darby, president of salary research firm Aviation Information Resources Inc., said...

Oh, somebody get me a puke bucket. Seriously.

Quote:
"UPS says its pilots still have the potential to earn more money (up to $13.7 million) over the span of a 35-year career because pilots at UPS can move up the pay scale more quickly."

Interesting....how many people are hired at 25 years old?

Because at UPS, when you reach 60...you move to the back seat and keep on collecting.

Dav8tor said:
Because at UPS, when you reach 60...you move to the back seat and keep on collecting.

Since the airline started in 1988, in order to have a 35 year career, you would have to work until 2023. By then, chances are, there will not be any airplanes requiring FEs, so it is virtually impossible to have a 35 year career unless the retirement age goes up (let's pray that does not happen).

Latest resources

Back