Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

carl p

Reformed Freight Dog
About to be furloughed from current 121 gig, looking at getting a biz jet type through the WIA. Looking for a common aircraft in use that having a type in would help land a job. I would like the type to cost around what the WIA will pay or slightly over. I am a 121 pax/freight guy with 9,500 hrs typed in the 72, 73, & DC-9. I have 6k jet PIC and 3k Check Airman with international experience. Not really looking to do a ton of international flying since I've got a family. Given all the info, what do you recommend?

Thanks!

Just talked to a guy today with a 135 op and they can't find BE400 pilots. There's a ton of Beechjet charter ops out there.

Last edited:
or put your app in with the fracs, Godspeed ya from this former freightdog ! but if they give you money for the type you can't go wrong with any Citation.

Id go with a CE-500 / CE525
LR-JET (lears) will keep you busy but usually those jobs suck - Air Amubulance, etc.

I second a Citation or Lear type. You might get more mileage out of a LR-JET type, as this one type covers a handful of Lear models.
There seems to be a lot more Citation models and types to go along with those, so it might be hard to figure out which one is best.

When I got typed in both the BE400 and HS125 my phone started ringing with job offers even though I wasn't looking. I am amazed how many of these airplanes are out there.

Just remember, in corporate: The bigger the airplane, the bigger the suitcase.

I agree with the poster who said LRJET type. It covers the 20s, the 30s, and I believe the 55 (someone correct me if i'm wrong on that).

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back