What are they really looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whiskerbizkit said:
What are SWA,UPS,FEX,JB really looking for as time for calls for interviews. Are most exceeding the mins by a lot?

i would guess around 7K to 9K hours for civilian...less for military

supply vs. demand....way too many furloughed or unstable jobs out there to offset demand

Whiskerbizkit said:
What are SWA,UPS,FEX,JB really looking for as time for calls for interviews. Are most exceeding the mins by a lot?

4000-5000 total civilian with 1500+ turbine PIC and a typically bit less military.

miles otoole said:
4000-5000 total civilian with 1500+ turbine PIC and a typically bit less military.

I would have to agree and also knowing someone (the more people I think the better) at FedEx and/or UPS is a must. I don't know about SWA but I would imagine they like the 3 letters of rec once you get the interview to be SWA people. I think once you get 4000+ TT and 1500+ PIC Turbine the majority of it is who you know.

I have to agree with the 'knowing someone' theory. 5500 total, 2200 PIC CRJ, Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, B737 type rating, etc, etc...
Have had app's in at Jetblue, Airtran, Continental, UPS, and Fedex. Not one call. Had interview at SWA, but got the '...thanks, but no thanks' letter.

Latest resources

Back