Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the schedules at Flex Jet like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

911lil

Just curious if anyone could tell me what the schedules and first year pay at Flex Jet are like? Thanks

guarantee of 17 days per month but you can bid 3 days more or less from that. 4,5,6 day rotations to chose from). First year pay is $40k+ with per diem. Pay will vary depending on what you bid though.

Per Diem is not pay!!! When will people stop doing themselves the disservice of including it in their pay computations!

X

PS I feel better now.

XTW said:
Per Diem is not pay!!! When will people stop doing themselves the disservice of including it in their pay computations!quote]

X, relax. All he said was you get $40K a year plus you also get per diem. Whether we like it or not, per diem can and is viewed as a compensation by some and not by others. Since you don't have to pay tax on it, it is a free compensation as long as you work for an operator who pays for your hotels and you get crew meals on your flights. Now if you don't, then I agree with you that it is not. If you don't get crew meals and hotels paid by the company you work for, then it is time to look else where. The last sentence is not directed at you since I state "you" in there, just a comment for all who will read this.

Fly Safe.

P.S. Cosmo, how is the 604?

Falcon,

That's not the way it was written. He said 40,000+ with per diem. At $154/day for 219 days, he has to be including per diem with his salary to get to around $40,000+.

My gripe is that employers love to hear employees talk this way, as they have a better chance of paying a lower salary knowing the employee is going to count on his/her per diem towards a total salary. Per diem was meant to be a way of offsetting expenses while on the road, not to help feed the family at home. I've flown with some that do it that way and they live like survivalists on the road instead of the professional human being they are.

I am not upset with anyone for doing this. Each person makes their own choice on how to live. I just feel they are hurting their own cause by doing so.

X

XTW,

If "per diem was meant to be a way of offsetting expenses while on the road", then why does my company buy me 3 meals a day while I'm at work? So, to answer your question, yes, I do count my per diem as part of my salary because I can buy things with that money other than "on-the-road expenses."

By your logic, XTW, would you be happier if your company only reimbursed you for your actual expenses on the road instead of getting per diem?

And, by the way, our pay is more than $154 a day...

Lets please stick to the subject at hand here XTW, which is schedules and pay at Flexjet. If you want to argue per diem pay, create your own thread.

Last edited:
cosmotheassman said:
And, by the way, our pay is more than $154 a day...

Lets please stick to the subject at hand here XTW, which is schedules and pay at Flexjet. If you want to argue per diem pay, create your own thread.

Cosmo,

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I was trying to help. I am sticking to the subject. You yourself mentioned per diem in your first response when you included it in your first year pay.

BTW, the first year pay I quoted was from AirlinePilotPay.com. Sorry if it is incorrect. Correct me then, what is first year pay, other than an overtime day.

X

Netjets tactic

XTW said:
Falcon,

That's not the way it was written. He said 40,000+ with per diem. At $154/day for 219 days, he has to be including per diem with his salary to get to around $40,000+.

My gripe is that employers love to hear employees talk this way, as they have a better chance of paying a lower salary knowing the employee is going to count on his/her per diem towards a total salary. Per diem was meant to be a way of offsetting expenses while on the road, not to help feed the family at home. I've flown with some that do it that way and they live like survivalists on the road instead of the professional human being they are.

I am not upset with anyone for doing this. Each person makes their own choice on how to live. I just feel they are hurting their own cause by doing so.

X

This has been a Netjets tactic from day one. Hells bells thats one reason why I chose not to fly there. It sounded slimy right from the word go. Now look where those poor chaps are at.

Good post XTW. Do you work at Flexjet XTW? If not, where do you work?

Turb

XTW said:
Cosmo,
BTW, the first year pay I quoted was from AirlinePilotPay.com. Sorry if it is incorrect. Correct me then, what is first year pay, other than an overtime day.
X

X,

Airlinepilotpay is incorrect. However, due to HR reasons, we sign paperwork stating that we will not talk about salaries. But, at least unlike some, you were trying to talk about numbers that you thought to be correct. Like Cosmo says, since we get 3 meals a day, that per diem is nice to have on the side and for us is like an extra salary. I do apologize for miss reading the earlier post by Cosmo. Guess it is time for an eye exam. :redface:

Fly Safe,

Falcon

Latest resources

Back