Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the first two or three months at CAL like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think a foil covered turd is pretty?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but you do have a point there.

Of course if you use really quality foil.....no, management would cut back on that too to maximize their stock option pricing and bonuses.

I think CAL could be awesome if it weren't for the contract, PBS, the scabs, and the hubs.

And also the size of Larry's head. LOL

The first 2 months sitting in EWR on reserve were pretty rough. I had never commuted before so that was also another thing that made those 2 months bad. I flew every reserve day until I had my 100 hours CKS. After that, I rarely got called and ended up sitting around the crashpad playing those inane games on calforums. Most 73 trips are not commutable for the junior guys (I never had one that was commutable the day of coming or going). The good news is that you will be a lineholder very quickly. A few months of pain for the rapid advancement is worth it. It's kind of like going to the dentist. You may not want to do it but you have to. After being here for less than a year, I've had off the 4th of July weekend and have 4 weeks off over Thanksgiving. Congrats on getting hired! You will love it after the first few months....AFTER the first few months.

Thanks, guys.

AWACoff, you make a good point: sitting around on reserve doing nothing is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of. I don't mind commuting per se, but I just hope I'll be able to fly instead of sitting around.

Thanks for the info!

Isn't faking a quote from someone a banning offense of the forum rules?

If not, I am going to have a field day with this skank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back