• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what are the duyt times at cal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
interesting you would mention jumpseaters, apparantly at XJT the pilots they are hiring have such low experience they make them jumpseat around to "observe" before they even let them start IOE.

Is this true?

Jumpseating during training was part of standard ACA training back in the day. It's an excellent tool for training. Especially, for the military aviators with no prior 121 time. I am surprised they don't do it over at CAL.

Jumpseating during training was part of standard ACA training back in the day. It's an excellent tool for training. Especially, for the military aviators with no prior 121 time. I am surprised they don't do it over at CAL.

Give 'em some time. The 30 aircraft for '08 don't start to arrive until January.

interesting you would mention jumpseaters, apparantly at XJT the pilots they are hiring have such low experience they make them jumpseat around to "observe" before they even let them start IOE.

Is this true?

Yes, it is true. Xjet is so short on crews that I would expect new hire times to go even lower. Don't forget CAL is also short of crews and has hired many pilots that have no PIC time and very little jet time. Quite a few of these "lowtimers" hired at Xjet mysteriously went over to CAL after a short time at Express. I guess it's all who you know. I think we should all just be happy that for the first time in many years there are signs of a pilot shortage.

Yes, it is true. Xjet is so short on crews that I would expect new hire times to go even lower. Don't forget CAL is also short of crews and has hired many pilots that have no PIC time and very little jet time. Quite a few of these "lowtimers" hired at Xjet mysteriously went over to CAL after a short time at Express. I guess it's all who you know. I think we should all just be happy that for the first time in many years there are signs of a pilot shortage.

The pilot shortage will end the day age 65 becomes a reality overnight!!!!!

I asked because I was airlining and wanted to know if the crew was going to duty out or if the flight was going to go. Nasty weather, ground hold and one FA was about to duty out.

But thanks for all the helpful responses.

Hmm, I worked at ACA, they never did that while I was there. Must have been after I left.

Is this true?

Apparantly CAL has to do the same thing with some of the low timers they hire too!

Apparantly CAL has to do the same thing with some of the low timers they hire too!

I think observation flights for people who have never flown certain type is a wonderful thing and is a standard practice at many airlines outside the US.

The new hires should be payed to do it, of course.

Yeah my line with 19 days off and 6 whole legs is just killing me (pocono pilot, your a tool!). Do everyone a favor and stay off any CAL thread unless its called .... CAL, I didn't come over (for whatever reason) and am still bitter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back