What airplane was it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbuck

I remember a photo in a book I saw some 20 years ago. The airplane was a passenger transport, low wing, and the engines (jet) were mounted on pods on the top side of the wing. I would guess it was in the 60-90 seat range. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I recall seeing pictures of this airplane and it seems that it was a German design. Between the Hanza Jet and this thing the Germans were pushing the imaginary envelope. roll eyes!

bigbuck said:
I remember a photo in a book I saw some 20 years ago. The airplane was a passenger transport, low wing, and the engines (jet) were mounted on pods on the top side of the wing. I would guess it was in the 60-90 seat range. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
The new honda jet has engine nacelles and pylons mounted on top of the wings.

It might look gay, but so do a lot of the guys that fly jets who wear penny loafers and those half reading glasses with the chain that hangs around their necks.

The German design was called the VFW614. It's engines were mounted above the wing to allow for use on unimproved runways, amoung other reasons.

2000Flyer

what was it

It was a VFW, did not make it into full production. I rode on one in 1966 on a demo flight from KINT-KLYH-KINT. It locked a brake on the right side on take off, but we keep on going to land in KINT with blown tires.

Was not a bad looking aircraft.

Mobie

Needs help

FN FAL said:
The new honda jet has engine nacelles and pylons mounted on top of the wings.

It might look gay, but so do a lot of the guys that fly jets who wear penny loafers and those half reading glasses with the chain that hangs around their necks.

Whew! Given any thought to spending a little time on the couch with a shrink? How this subject turned into a comment on one sexual appearance is over the top. BTW I where glasses, sans the chain. I also occasionally penney loafers, without the pennies of course. As a matter of fact I am wearing both on this trip. What does that make me? Be very careful with your response.

Spooky 1 said:
Whew! Given any thought to spending a little time on the couch with a shrink? How this subject turned into a comment on one sexual appearance is over the top. BTW I where glasses, sans the chain. I also occasionally penney loafers, without the pennies of course. As a matter of fact I am wearing both on this trip. What does that make me? Be very careful with your response.
What does that make you? A guy that wears glasses, sans the chain and penny loafers, sans the penny and flies planes for a living. :)

I'm wearing sperry topsiders, which are pretty close to being penny loafers...and instead of a chain, I use the braided nylon keepers to secure my shades. Ususally, I like to wear some sort of police/military style nylon upper black boot, but I thought I'd see how the other half lives for a while.

FN FAL said:
...but I thought I'd see how the other half lives for a while.

Hate to break it to you FN, but I think the other half is a lot more than half, in your particular case.:D

Latest resources

Back