What a week for the airlines.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-handle

Ok wtf just happened to the airline performance this week? Delta, Comair, US Air, NWA (Pinnacle in MSP).....

Last edited:
Vik said:
Nothing new really. Its been going on for awhile now.
Yeah, that .07 completion factor and flying 737s filled will luggage only are a mainstay of domestic air travel.

Oh, you mean $39 tickets, Christmas (on a Saturday no less), 3 bankrupt carriers, all airlines cutting costs and staff to the bone, all airline employees taking either real or virtual pay cuts (except for management), a freak winter storm in the Ohio Valley region, etc, etc.

Those things?

Passengers are getting airline tickets for next to nothing. They are benefitting from Wal-mart, Mc Donalds and Kia prices. Their expectation is Bloomindales, Ruth's Chris and Cadillac.

Sorry, that's not going to work.

And since the government is involved propping up airlines that should have been liquidated years ago, you can expect all the performance and luxury of an Aeroflot or China Airways domestic flight. Call me later comrade and I may be able to get you a seat next to a chicken coop on Wednesday.

We can't have it "both" ways. Either let capitalism work or re-regulate the airlines. This caught in the middle BS has got to stop - we're all suffering for it.

Having flown on several domestic mainland Chinese flights, let me assure you that the service there is MUCH better than here in the US!! (And the flight attendants are all drop-dead gorgeous).

Latest resources

Back