• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What’s your layover kit contain?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeh, Nelson Demille is a good writer. I recommend him as well.

For all you guys who don't like carrying a laptop, get a PDA. I have a Sony Clie that I bought for $350 from ecost.com. It has an mp3 player and I can surf on the internet on it as well. I also downloaded a cool e-book that I've been reading too. The coolest part is that its small enough to put in my pocket and can read it in a restaurant, FBO etc.

I used to bring roller blades with me on the road too for some fun excercize. Also, when I was really into weightlifting, I brought a weight belt and a portable blender to mix MET-Rx shakes. This blender was as small as a highlighter!

Of course a flashlight and some aircraft quick sheets to look over.

Here's a tip: for those guys who like taking baths, use duck tape to tape the drain holes in the hotel bath tub so you can bathe in water higher than 6 inches. Also if you need complete darkness and your hotel blinds don't completely close, use a hangar (with the pants clips) to clip the curtains together;)

Running gear. I have to run or go nuts. It also helps me with my niche for a good dark beer, "I deserve this"...

Domestic and Europe:
normal stuff.

International:
Imonium AD, Pepto chewables, Standard adapter, drinking water, beef jerky, any canned food.

Dont laugh. I survived 12 days in Nairobi on Beef jerky, canned tuna and bottled water. And maybe some Tusker Beer. Ok, alot of Tusker Beer. I've had too much stuff stolen out of my room to bring the laptop.

Latest resources

Back