Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whadya Think? Jet Blast Beach Is This Video Faked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool video. Dunno if its faked or not, but I would not be surprised if it was for real.

I've seen a video where people stand behind heavies as they are taking off - they hang onto the chain link fence seperating the runway from the passerby's and it blows them horizontal.. :)

apparently it's real. one of my systems instrusctors said he would hang out at the beach bar there (i think that's it at the top of the frame) and watch people try hang on to the fence. he said more than a few were blown into the water without touching the road or the sand...

timeoff said:
Wouldn't vans and trucks be tipped over traveling that road between the beach and airport?

I remember seeing a video where they have stop lights there that are airport controlled so that doesnt happen. I cant find the video now.

I believe it. I saw another video of a 747 doing this but with cars, and they had only the two inboard engines running. (At one point the TV show announcer said "FULL THRUST OF X THOUSAND POUNDS!" but they were showing 95% N1, so I don't think they even needed full power.) In any event, the cars was totally trashed, rolled at least 3-5 times each, and were thrown about one and a half airplane lengths away.

Looked to me that they may have thought the water was a better place to be than sand blasted standing there and went in on there own.

Latest resources

Back