"Wha, Wha..goes forklift Joe"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
Hey, why let facts ruin a perfectly good rant? I mean, afterall, any idiot with a keyboard can write anything they want here, right?

And you're living proof of that! Relax dude its humor. If I had a dime everyone picked on DAL, I'd be making a heck of a lot more than flying for DAL.

Last edited:
What's the seating capacity on an Airtran 717?

Ty Webb said:
The pilots of AirTran have been polled extensively by an independent polling organization, and the results show that the pilot group is looking to further improve our pay and work rules, not go backwards.

Wow, now there's a shocker. If I was polled I'm fairly confident I would want more pay and better work rules. That sounds like one of those million dollar airline surveys.

Jester757 you ignorant slutt!! Seriously, you have a stiffy for Leonard or AAI, SWA also asked for an apology but I guess you missed that or don’t care. I don’t care why because those ideas are of no concern to me. My question is where did you buy your crystal ball, because it has crack in it just like the pipe you are smoking. While I am no guru of aviation I do know a little about the contract issues at AAI (because I listen to the union and the company) and what is going on in the industry. Like your statement that $88 and hour is the going rate for a 100 seat jet. Other than JBLU that is NOT the case. And where do we make 43% less than others, please show me.

Rate company (new rate w-15% assumed)
153 AAI NA
156 DAL 132- has not taken cut yet.
144 CAL NA
163 NWA 138
125 USA getting new AWA rate = raise
129 UAL NA

So by your definition the new Industry rate is closer to 140 and hour and that is Airlines that are IN CH11. AAI, SWA, JBLU, AMR are not in Ch11 so have more flexibly in finance, credit card hold backs, interest rates and liquidity, fuel hedges etc. But more important than rate is work rules. you can be paid a lot and still make no money. TWA had very low rates but it had great work rules.

jester757 said:
Ah, look... Budwiser has offened Joe--“MR. DISCOUNT AIRLINE PILOT GUY”

AirTran Airways is considering dropping Anheuser-Busch products from its flights because of a radio ad that makes fun of pilots for discount airlines.
GOOD! It's $hitty beer anyway Joe. Here's a news flash for ya....there are actually some good beers you could be putting on your planes...

And while you're at it, get a sense of humor.....

That add plays right into the whole discount airline mentality that the LLC's have created, so get over it Joe!

FLB717..."Ignorant Slut"?? Lets leave your mom out of this one (you deserve that and you know it)

I really don't care much about YOUR rant...But I will make sure to dig this post back up WHEN your butt buddy Joe asks you for the $$$. Til then keep drinking the "tea" and keep on dreaming about how AT is going to take over the world...

Get a sense of humor and a life.

Jester757...ha ha. I guess you are not a fan of S.N.L., you did prove your lack of knowlege, and you cant even back up you statements. If you can prove what you said I will be happy to admit I am wrong. My Rant was not a Rant but are facts look them up. As far as my butt buddy Joe (interesting how you pick on and bring other people into you post vs keep it to the author), I hope you would keep your desires from spilling into your posts in a very Freuedian way. So what if they ask for $$$$$$$$, it is what is in the next PWA, not said at the table, but you must be one of those clowns who is happy when other people are down so you feel so much the better person. Enjoy what ever place you work, and I hope you can make it be all that you want others to not be.

Last edited:
The nature of things.

During times of drought scavengers and bottom feeders thrive while the top predators suffer. Perhaps the rains are coming, restoring the grasslands and allowing the top predators to once again dominate and kill, sending the scavengers and bottom feeders back to where they belong, to the bottom of the food chain looking for scraps.

FLB717 said:
Jester757...ha ha. I guess you are not a fan of S.N.L., you did prove your lack of knowlege, and you cant even back up you statements. If you can prove what you said I will be happy to admit I am wrong. My Rant was not a Rant but are facts look them up. As far as my butt buddy Joe (interesting how you pick on and bring other people into you post vs keep it to the author), I hope you would keep your desires from spilling into your posts in a very Freuedian way. So what if they ask for $$$$$$$$, it is what is in the next PWA, not said at the table, but you must be one of those clowns who is happy when other people are down so you feel so much the better person. Enjoy what ever place you work, and I hope you can make it be all that you want others to not be.

Trust me when I say I don't like seeing pilots getting screwed - even the ones that have contributed to and have been at the "root of all evil."

By proof...what do you want? The proof will be when ATs CEO wants to match rates with their biggest local competetor DAL. DAL is going to get a bunch of the 100BBJs (Bigger Barbie Jets) and put them on their domestic routes to fly directly against AT. They want to pay said pilots rates that are currently 43% less than AT rates. Think what you want - I honestly don't care either way. I do find it intersting though that the LCC is being undercut by a major. I know how much my W2 sucks now and how it makes me feel, but how does it feel, Mr. AT pilot guy, to know someone is going to "do if for less" (actually they are being forced to) in order to screw the industry and you along with it?

Note: I find NO humor in the state of our industry or those who have contribuited to its demise. It has taken 40 years and the blood and sweat of thousands of pilots to make this a career you could be proud of. Now in less than a quarter of that time, it has been destroyed by both *(^&^%s outside and inside this country. Sad...

Yeah, Chief . . . . you get your personnel costs down below the 3.58 cents ours is at, and we'll take a look at it. Until then, as someone else suggested, have yourself a nice warm cup of STFU.

Latest resources

Back