WestJet to partner with Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta Pilots= Didn't pay for training.
Southwest Pilots= Pay for training!!!!!!!!!!

Just judging by the idiots on here, southwest will take anyone with a checkbook:laugh:.

Man, you need some new shtick too.... At least there is a grain of truth in GL's obsessive rants.... We DO get to fly to LBB once in a while......

Really, where did you ever get the idea that SWA was PFT? Exactly?

I've been here 15 years and never heard of ANYONE paying WN one penny for training, other than the when we used to do contract training for EG&G etc.

Last edited:
There you go again, telling fibs. What about most DL INTL pilots? The A330, 744, and 75/76 guys can fly 11 or 12 day trips to Asia and then have 18 off in a row,

Bye Bye---General Lee

What % of Delta pilots are int'l pilots that hold lines with that type of schedule?

AirlinePilotCental shows line guarantee is 65, 70 for reserve? Is that correct? What is considered "normal" credit?

Last edited:
What % of Delta pilots are int'l pilots that hold lines with that type of schedule?

AirlinePilotCental shows line guarantee is 65, 70 for reserve? Is that correct? What is considered "normal" credit?

Almost every trip on the 744 is like that. Almost every trip on the A330 is like that, except some 3 day AMS, and maybe a 5 or 6 day HNL. The 755 category (eventually the 76ER category) in MSP and DTW have a lot of those trips, with a DH on a 744 to start and end the trip in business class. MSP had 54 of those trips in FEB.(I checked) DTW probably has more. The pilot Deadheads to NRT, 24 hour layover, and then hits Guam, Saipan, Taipei, Busan, Nagoya, Osaka, etc often with 24 hour layovers in those places. Some of the days have one leg. The hotel in NRT is owned by Delta, giving free laundry to all pilots and stews. Most of those trips are worth 75 hours, and there is an INTL override of $4-6 dollars per hour, plus higher perdiem. Apparently those trips go fairly senior in MSP and DTW, and of course you can also bid shorter domestic trips and Hawaii stuff.

As far as line guarantee, 65 is correct, but often the ALV (average Line Value) is a lot higher. You can bid down to 65 if you want a slower month, or bid higher to get the max. And 70 is the guarantee for reserves. I wish ATL got a few more of those long Asia trips. I have done a couple 9 day ATL ones, and it was very interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
The pilot Deadheads to NRT, 24 hour layover, and then hits Guam, Saipan, Taipei, Busan, Nagoya, Osaka, etc often with 24 hour layovers in those places. Some of the days have one leg. The hotel in NRT is owned by Delta, giving free laundry to all pilots and stews. Most of those trips are worth 75 hours, and there is an INTL override of $4-6 dollars per hour, plus higher perdiem. Apparently those trips go fairly senior in MSP and DTW, and of course you can also bid shorter domestic trips and Hawaii stuff.

......"but Daddy, you said you were going to be home for my concert (game, etc..)"

"I know honey, but Daddy is having Delta do his laundry in Japan, have your Mother go and maybe she can bring her new Boyfriend along too...Love ya, got to go take a nap and get use to this time zone" "You know you are lucky having a Dad that can fly the heavy metal all over the World, I wish your Mom and you could see it the way I see it.

"I just want you HOME, Dad!"

"I know honey, Daddy messed up and didn't get hired by the right airline"

"What airline is that Dad?

"Southwest, where bags fly free and I would have been home a lot more. I would have been 4 hours away by plane worst case, even if I was in LBB, which I hate. Do you know how much Daddy hates LBB?"

"I know Dad, but just because Mom's new boyfriend is from LBB - doesn't mean its a bad place and if you would just talk to him, you would like him too"

"Gotta go kid, be good....I'll be there for the next one"

"you always say that" :(

......"but Daddy, you said you were going to be home for my concert (game, etc..)"

"I know honey, but Daddy is having Delta do his laundry in Japan, have your Mother go and maybe she can bring her new Boyfriend along too...Love ya, got to go take a nap and get use to this time zone" "You know you are lucky having a Dad that can fly the heavy metal all over the World, I wish your Mom and you could see it the way I see it.

"Southwest, where bags fly free and I would have been home a lot more. I would have been 4 hours away by plane worst case, even if I was in LBB, which I hate. Do you know how much Daddy hates LBB?"

"I know Dad, but just because Mom's new boyfriend is from LBB - doesn't mean its a bad place and if you would just talk to him, you would like him too"

Now, I may not always agree with SWA/FO, but that was funny!

Now that is fuuny :) and so true.............

So, 18 straight days home wouldn't be a good thing? How about 30 (with 12 day trips at the beginning of one month and the end of the next)? Hmmmm. I guess what you say was kinda sorta funny not really. Hmmmm. Oooh-kay? One thing that I would never allow kids to do would be to go to LBB, under no circumstances. It would scar them for life. Good try though. And B6busmonitor and Senor Slaquer thought that was funny? Really? Let me guess, you guys watch Carson Daly for laughs? Whatever nerds.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nope- sorry gen- that was funny
look- to each their own - but a 12 day trip sounds terrible to me.
I'm to the point I can't stand 4 days

The gaps are closing. Not only is DL parking 50 seaters, but also taking on past 70 seat routes with DC9s now (ATL--GRR, FNT, DAY, etc). When the new FAA rules eventually come out resticting high speed overnights (or naps) and increasing the hiring requirements (1500 hours), the regionals will become more expensive, and again get smaller.

As far as code share outsourcing, that is a problem too. But, you have to see what benefits could result. Westjet flies a lot of intra-canada flying (they want 50% of the total Canada domestic flying), and very little INTL flying (largest plane is 738---they do fly them to Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico---places SWA doesn't go). They could fly people from Toronto to JFK (eventually), and they could transfer pax to fly south (S America) or even to Europe instead of Air Canada from YYZ. I don't know if DL wants to go to every Canadian city, but through MSP DL already goes to quite a few. Maybe there is more revenue to tap there, but with a couple flights a day to MSP, it might be better for them to help out with a 737 or two. Dalpa would have to look this over and make sure there are assurances, since they have the right to say NO to a code-share.

And as far as LBB, MAF, AMA, and ELP go, it is still not worth it. No thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, you can't even spin your codeshare/outsourcing debacle. Hilarious.

Just heard tonight from your own pilots that Anderson is going to throw you guys a 12 percent raise to increase your RJ cap. And they believe it will pass with Moak signing off. Good luck buddy..

That's why I didn't apply- that group is ALWAYS up for selling out

Latest resources

Back