• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WestJet "Media advisory" today.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Might be small, but if someone was considering going SFO to oh'Canada on UAL or WestJet, who would your choose?
UAL = fuel surcharge plus tons of money for bag 1,2.......
WestJet = no fuel surcharge.

Take care of the custmer and they'll take care of you.

I'm glad to see SWA found an international code share partner. International flying is a whole differant (and challenging) animal. I'm sure their international experience will provide great mentorship for Southwest limited knowledge on the subject.

Yeah, It sure is differant. For example, in Canada you have to get used to: "line up and wait" (position and hold) and "backtrack" (back taxi). Kinda throws you off, Ehhh?

So with the new code share and the 6% reduction in flying, when do they announce the furloughs? I'm sure those senior captains aren't going to take paycuts for the junior pilots.

I'm glad to see SWA found an international code share partner. International flying is a whole differant (and challenging) animal. I'm sure their international experience will provide great mentorship for Southwest limited knowledge on the subject.

I thought SWA had an international (capable) code share partner in ATA?? Perhaps I was wrong, did ATA ever fly outside the U.S??? :erm::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i was really hoping it would be announcing a new stripper pole and tossing loonies option

Might be small, but if someone was considering going SFO to oh'Canada on UAL or WestJet, who would your choose?
UAL = fuel surcharge plus tons of money for bag 1,2.......
WestJet = no fuel surcharge.

Take care of the custmer and they'll take care of you.

I was curious too...just checked out their website...Westjet does not even show SFO as a city they go to.....Guess they will pick UAL.

Westjet shows only 52 cities they even service....now that is some stellar service.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back