• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Westboro Church to Protest FLT 3407 Memorials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even though I'm almost certain that you are exaggerating, if this is truly the reason you have chosen atheism, you have deeper issues.

For every "bible thumping" bigot, I can show you an equal number of delusional close-minded pricks that call themselves atheists.

-Brett

Aint religion grand? :)

BTW: I see what you did there...

I heard about these idiots last year while commuting to Atlanta. I sat next to a dude who was really into choppers and he started explaining what these clowns did. At first I thought he was kidding or making some crazy story up. I couldn't believe it. As he went on, he said there's been plenty of people sued for beating the piss out of some of these people. He explained they're very savvy in how they protest, and even have their own lawyers on hand or present in case of an altercation. That's how big of wussies these people are. He said what he and his "riders" would do, is attend soldiers funerals where these clowns were gonna be, put up a big American Flag to block them out, then rev up their bikes to drown them out. He said it worked most of the time because there was no recourse these idiots had and most of the time left. He called it the "sound of freedom." Pretty cool, can't believe there's morons that would waste time trying to ruin a memorial.

Trojan
They're called The Patriot Guard. Good group of folks...read more about them, here. If the families of crew and pax of CJC3407 request them, they will likely be there.

I'm not anti-religion, I'm just not convinced, and religions like this one or that one from the Mid East scare the s**t out of me.
I'm not anti-faith, but I am completely anti-religion. If you want to believe in God, Jesus Christ, Muhammed, Buddha, various Hindu deities, etc...that's cool with me. Just don't force it on the rest of us. Let us come to you. Organized religion has gone from being a support group for believers to being a bit like those late night infomercials with a super-excited dude trying to sell you something "you can't live without", only you can turn the TV off if you don't want to hear it.

Rufus, the 13th Apostle (Chris Rock in the movie "Dogma"), sums up my thoughts on religion nicely:
His only real beef with mankind is the s**t that gets carried out in His name. Wars. Bigotry. Televangelism. The big one though, is the factioning of the religions. He said, "Mankind got it all wrong by takin' a good idea and building a belief structure out of it."

Last edited:
Aint religion grand? :)

BTW: I see what you did there...

I went back and read my post, a few times actually, and I couldn't figure out what I did there. :cool:

But just to clarify, I wasn't referring to you,, rather just speaking in general.

-Brett

Last edited:
They're called The Patriot Guard. Good group of folks...read more about them, here. If the families of crew and pax of CJC3407 request them, they will likely be there.

I'm not anti-faith, but I am completely anti-religion. If you want to believe in God, Jesus Christ, Muhammed, Buddha, various Hindu deities, etc...that's cool with me. Just don't force it on the rest of us. Let us come to you. Organized religion has gone from being a support group for believers to being a bit like those late night infomercials with a super-excited dude trying to sell you something "you can't live without", only you can turn the TV off if you don't want to hear it.

Rufus, the 13th Apostle (Chris Rock in the movie "Dogma"), sums up my thoughts on religion nicely:

Looks like the Patriot Guard is going to be there!

If I didn't miss it a call will go out tomorrow to my cp to ask to be there in uniform to stand between these POS and the memorial. I don't care if I am the only one and the patriots aren't there, I going. I tried to google it but I can't find the time or date. Anyone have it.

Memorial is tomorrow in Tampa at 1800.

I couldn't find it so I went to the Westboro site. OMG I cant' believe the sh!t they said about the pilot. I am speechless. I will be in Lutz, FL tomorrow. Hopefully ALPA is sending more.

If I didn't miss it a call will go out tomorrow to my cp to ask to be there in uniform to stand between these POS and the memorial. I don't care if I am the only one and the patriots aren't there, I going. I tried to google it but I can't find the time or date. Anyone have it.
From the Patriot Guard website:
Friday, February 20th, 2009

Capt. Marvin Renslow's family has requested the presence of the Patriot Guard Riders at the memorial service for their loved one. Capt. Renslow was the pilot on the plane that crashed in Buffalo recently and was a veteran.

Please do all that you can to honor this hero with your presence. This will be a flag line only mission.

Staging: First Baptist Church of Lutz
18116 US 41
Lutz, FL 33549

Staging Time:..1630
Briefing:..........1700
Set Flag Line:..1715

Please bring your 3 x 5 flag
Ride Captain: Jack Fair

Respectfully submitted,

Harleymom
Assistant State Captain
941/545-5629

They will be there. Should you choose to join them in the flag line, I think they would welcome you...

Latest resources

Back