• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget suing 18 individual cactus pilots for high crimes such as web board posts, seaking damages reaching into 7 figures.

Like to see the "tone set" by the UAL crowd when the group of "2712" pulls the rug out from underneath you and inserts their own union. Gonna be as smug then as you are now ? Something tells me you must be a real peach to fly with.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

News flash, I would support the 2172 (not 2712) in dumping ALPA so I'm not sure which rug you are referring to.

PS I only have this "smugness" when I am around folks openly talking about scabbing, even feeling "proud" about it. By the way they all seem to be your comrads out west.

USAPA is up and running and facing a difficult, uphill battle just as every other union is these days.

You mean an uphill battle like commencing termination procedures on 50% of the pilot group due to non payment of dues?

Sure. USAPA is just like SWAPA, APA and all the other in-house unions. he he he he HA HA HA HAAA HAAAAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAAA
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG THAT'S FUNNY.... USAPA is DOOMED. They're re gone in 20 months if not BK first...replaced by something else...the Nic. award.

Last edited:
USAPA is not a union. It is an association just like ALPA. It is also the LEGAL bargaining unit for the US Airways' pilots. That means it is recognized by law and whether the West pilots want to believe it or not does not matter. They are legally represented by USAPA.

Eaglesview,

Either you're ex-AAA or you've been living on Mars for the past 3 years with the attitude you have towards the HP pilots.

Never been with AAA. As far as mu attitude towards AWA pilots how about just one them (or you) coming forward and saying this talk of scabbing is absurd, that would be refreshing. Unfortunately I don't see it happening and you think this should instill me to improve my "attitude" towards them??

Read the title of the thread!! Give me a break.

Why not? Think about it for a minute. Many in Congress and the White House feel that there are too many airlines-flawed thinking because the capacity won't really depart with the airlines but it is how they feel. USAPA is a weak, undercapitalized union, unaffiliated with AFL-CIO, that is in 'control' of an incredibly fractious group of pilots in a time where there is an increasing surplus of available pilots due to the economy. It would be a bloodbath resulting in Airways going out of business or a strike settlement contract that would have everyone crying for the 'good 'ol days' of 2001-2008. Either way Washington would be happy with the result with little political capital expended.

There isn't a person on the NMB staff that would ever use logic like that. Their mandate during section 6 is to facilitate agreements and avoid disruptions. If a particular pilot group is seen as destructive, unbending, or puposely disruptive they will be parked.
Like it or not, you must be able to compromise.
If a particular pilot group has as its goal, the abrogation of a lawful order by a federal judge then I would think that issue would be front and center during any mediated negotiations. It could potentially sap any leverage that USAPA has because Parker and Company can assume that you will never be released. Ultimately, USAPA limps along on a shoe-string budget and negotiations fatigue will set in. It will be interesting to see how the NMB reacts to USAPA and its stated goals.

There isn't a person on the NMB staff that would ever use logic like that. Their mandate during section 6 is to facilitate agreements and avoid disruptions. If a particular pilot group is seen as destructive, unbending, or puposely disruptive they will be parked.
Like it or not, you must be able to compromise.
If a particular pilot group has as its goal, the abrogation of a lawful order by a federal judge then I would think that issue would be front and center during any mediated negotiations. It could potentially sap any leverage that USAPA has because Parker and Company can assume that you will never be released. Ultimately, USAPA limps along on a shoe-string budget and negotiations fatigue will set in. It will be interesting to see how the NMB reacts to USAPA and its stated goals.

Reread what I wrote. I didn't say anything about the NMB staff. I wrote about the people who appoint the NMB and it's various members and help them move along to other good jobs when their time at the NMB is over. The pressure comes from above the NMB. 8 years ago there was a declaration that there would be no strikes in the airline industry. To my knowledge, there have only been 2: Comair in early 2001 (early first term) and the NWA mechanics. The latter occurred only after NWA had hired a ton scabs to do the work and were reasonably assured of breaking the line as long as the pilots and fa's were willing to look the other way which they did. A pilot strike at UsAirways would also likely be a slam dunk for management.

Never been with AAA. As far as mu attitude towards AWA pilots how about just one them (or you) coming forward and saying this talk of scabbing is absurd, that would be refreshing. Unfortunately I don't see it happening and you think this should instill me to improve my "attitude" towards them??

Read the title of the thread!! Give me a break.

I don't work there....but I have friends and family over there. I think the way that the East has behaved is much less honorable than the way the West has behaved. USAPA could care less about the West. Is it still "breaking the union" when the "union" wants nothing to do with you in the first place? USAPA represents the East only...

Will USAPA represent the former leaders of the AWAPPA in their upcoming disciplinary hearing?

Or did JohnnyMac, Ray-Ray and the others not want their help?

One would think that Doug Parker would at least try to take care of "his own" guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back