• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West Coast turns to Hawaii under new rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there is a time component to all of this too. You can't do 10 hour turns unless you leave at a certain time in the morning. People are freaking out about 2 man crews flying 10 hours to Europe from the East Coast too, but the later in the day it gets, the more restrictive the rules get. In the late afternoon it may be down to 7 or 8 hours allowed, not 10. Later at night, again, it is even more restrictive I believe.

see......the greed kicks in!

Lets see. Union facilitated outsourcing cost us about 6 years to the right seat, 10 or more to the left. Then there was age 65. Now rest rule changes that reduce crew augmentation.

While waiting "another 5 years" for this job to get really good, we've sure gotten a lot older.

The point is if I am going to fly 85 hour a month, I want to do it in as few days as possible. If you want to work more days have at it. I freely admit greed to spend time with my family

Lets see. Union facilitated outsourcing cost us about 6 years to the right seat, 10 or more to the left. Then there was age 65. Now rest rule changes that reduce crew augmentation.

While waiting "another 5 years" for this job to get really good, we've sure gotten a lot older.

If there is no drive by ALPA to turn this crap down there will be a move to drive them off the property of the soon to be largest airline. Count on it. Let them collect regional dues dammit.

Latest resources

Back