Wellstone King Air Info!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Geesh!

I report on something quite interesting and get busted on by everyone.

Look, I think you guys have been watching too much TV lately. Greg Feith is one of the best investigators the NTSB has ever had. When you cut through all the red tape and bs, a good investigator can add two and two together and figure it out real easy.

The current NTSB managemant are a bunch of morons (Have you listened to their press briefings: "the aircraft crash site is south of the field, 090 degrees to be exact." Huh?)

Instead of realizing you just got a clear, straight reason for the accident, you prefer a 70 page probable cause. Fine, whatever.

A good investigator puts two and two together, then looks for three, four, and five before adding it up.

The right seater on that flight was a pilot for another company flying a citiation V out of minny. Some of my pax have ridden with him before...I heard the F.O. claimed to have been an old A.Eagle pilot yet they had never heard of him not to mention that fact that he was a convicted felon

You and I, who know nothing about the crash, should wait until final findings come out to form opinions about the crash. But the fact is that at least several people probably already know what caused it. There's a pretty good chance that Mr. Feith, with his past work history and plenty of former colleagues who still do work for the NTSB, also knows what happened.

However, if I were Mr. Feith, I'd probably keep my mouth shut, and if I were beytzim, I probably wouldn't have used his name.

I agree with Beytzim. I also have a friend who is a regional head for the NTSB and it's not uncommon for them to know rather quickly what caused an accident. Waiting for a full report is a legality. I mean a full report doesn't necessarily mean that they know exactly what happened there are many inconclusive investigations that have final, full reports. Knowing what causes an accident and "final reports" are not as related as you guys think.

Hey guys and gals, going to FSI tommorow for the 200. I am interested to see what they are saying about this and if they are doing any icing scenarios in the sim.

Yep - go ahead - make a mistake or screw the pooch and there will be lots of "experts" and "know it alls" with lots to say - a true professional stays objective, humble, reserves judgment until all the facts are in and never speculates in public. Just remember, someday it could be you.

lrjetcaptain, you sound like the media with your comment about the FO being a convicted felon. If this in any way contributed to the crash I would be interested to hear it. Otherwise it becomes simply a smear campaign on the FO. People make mistakes, and most people learn from them...

Wellstone

The FAA application says the last 5 years. His conviction was 10 years ago. I bet they change the app.

NTSB

The NTSB website has expanded the prelim report. They state the aircraft had slowed to 85 knots and give the AWOS weather.

Normally you can get information about crewmembers, but I could not find anything. I don't know if that means anything.

Be safe.

Mike.

Latest resources

Back