• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well this was expected...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know Mesa has a training contract on the jet side, do they have one for the props? If so, then some a newhire will be stuck in the right seat there for one year or pay up.

Yes.

$8,000, pro rated over 1 year. And the company actually has the right to increase this by their own formula (which I don't think they've done.)

One other note: ANY time you upgrade or change equipment at Mesa in the FIRST 4 YEARS, you'll sign another training agreement, and the clock starts running again.

This sort of hiring is going on for the shiny tubes as well. Some of the captains at Trans States were saying there are a few 250-300hr newhires. Can anyone back this up?

I know this is stretching but A GOOD FRIEND has a buddy that just got on at ASA with 250/20 off the street. Or so he says.

Wages will adjust... economics say they must. (pardon the rhyme) It will take time with the regionals scraping the bottom of the barrel for pilots. Hopefully then ALPA will finally wake up, dust off its pen and paper, and go to work and take advantage of the bargaining power a pilot shortage brings to the table.

So you think ALPA is suddenly going to wake up and...take advantage of the bargaining power...." Check out the last twenty years of regional airline pilot history and see if you find anything there that would support that theory.

Coming up next...lobbying the FAA to reduce hours required to get a Commercial Pilot License.

The best (sarcasm on high) part is that he'll be a captain here in less than 2 years.

As big as XJT is, with no (announced) growth, do you really think a newhire today will be able to hold a CA upgrade in 24 months based on attrition alone?

Trans States won't take a street pilot with 300TT... But if you have some advanced jet training program under your belt (ATP, Jet University, UNoDak's CRJ program, etc) 300TT and a multi-rating makes you competative.

Last edited:
A wise man once told me that most of the FO's he flew with in the 1900 were simply the 20th passenger.

It's all about supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low... hence, the bargaining power for the pilots goes up, and minimums go down.

Oh puh-leez! You guys pulled out that supply and demand krap when the pilots had NO bargaining power too. We're not buying commodities here...
I swear the next person who starts this Economics 101 stuff deserves terminal diarrea!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back