Well this was expected...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

Looks like Mesa is hurtin' for 1900 drivers for their Air Midwest ops in the worst way...

This was just posted in the last couple days on a collegiate aviation job site:

"BE-1900 Pilots at Air Midwest are on the Mesa Air Group seniority list and are eligible to bid Captain upgrades at Air Midwest, Freedom Air, Mesa Airlines or Go! on the BE-1900, ERJ and CRJ. All Mesa Air Group pilots are represented by the Air Line Pilots Association. Resumes are being accepted by the Air Midwest Director of Operations Kevin Rowse. His email address is [email protected] or can be faxed to 602-225-1437. Requirements are Commercial AMEL with an instrument rating. Air Midwest does NOT require pay for training and pay begins on the first day of ground school. New hires are required to pay for their own hotel until completion of ground school. Pilot bases are currently AHN, CDC, CHS, COU, DUJ, FMN, GCK, HOB, JBR, JLN, LNS, MCI, MCK, MSS, MWA, PIT, SLN, and VIS."

And the downward spiral continues...

Why would you roll your eyes to that? If you have 250 hours, apply. It's not your fault pilot requirements are so low, it's theirs. They are the ones that shrunk the pay to the food stamp level. Now no one is going to flight school.

It's all about supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low... hence, the bargaining power for the pilots goes up, and minimums go down. Good if your a young pilot getting started, bad if your a recruiter for the regionals.

Good news is that most of the colleges (pilot factories) are providing well-trained (not necessarily well-rounded) pilots with at least some advanced jet training for the regionals to mould.

Demand is high for regional pilots, and supply is low... then increase the dang wages! :smash:

But no, airlines find it more "cost effective" to just drop the minimums, and the applications flood in!

Wages will adjust... economics say they must. (pardon the rhyme) It will take time with the regionals scraping the bottom of the barrel for pilots. Hopefully then ALPA will finally wake up, dust off its pen and paper, and go to work and take advantage of the bargaining power a pilot shortage brings to the table.

Wages will adjust... economics say they must. (pardon the rhyme) It will take time with the regionals scraping the bottom of the barrel for pilots. Hopefully then ALPA will finally wake up, dust off its pen and paper, and go to work and take advantage of the bargaining power a pilot shortage brings to the table.

Well, I think the minimums will drop first... probably all the way down to a wet commercial/multi/instrument.

You won't get much bargaining power when there are a hoard of brand new Comm/ME/instrument pilots rubbing their hands in glee to fly a RJ for [insert your lowest pay figure/hr].

:(

I go to a pilot factory college and we were told tonight if we walked in the door with the mins and a semi-clean rap sheet, we would be hired at Continental Express. We were on a tour of the training facility.

I go to a pilot factory college and we were told tonight if we walked in the door with the mins and a semi-clean rap sheet, we would be hired at Continental Express. We were on a tour of the training facility.

and i never got a call back with 2X's the mins

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back