Welcome to United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well done AMR- we need more like you-
Add a bit of "kill the agents with kindness, while you stand your ground- and employees will have better experiences everywhere

And the airline's leadership forgot that their "service" agents are humans and have treated them so awful and put them in such in-winnable, undermanned situations- while slashing pay and granting themselves immense bonuses- it's amazing that anyone shows up for work-
I agree- but it starts at the top at united. I hate the employee on employee crimes- but lets place blame where it begins

I am with you... starts at the top, no doubt. However, there's no excuse for treating another human being with disrespect. Labor has taken a huge beating; we've all been through hell, but it doesn't give any one of us an excuse to take it out on someone. At the end of the day, no one put a gun to our heads to sign up for this. Tough reality of life!

I had a habit of walking up to the gate area 5 prior to departure to check for jumpers and nonrevs at bad stations-
I stole the habit from a UAL captain and think its a good reminder here

This is a great idea, thanks. I always check on the way down, but I'll add this to my list of tricks.

-JP

Labor has taken a huge beating; we've all been through hell, but it doesn't give any one of us an excuse to take it out on someone. At the end of the day, no one put a gun to our heads to sign up for this. Tough reality of life!

worst offenders are flight attendants followed by gate agents so for all you guys thinking you're doing a great deed by supporting your FAs no matter what - you're only feeding this behaviour.

Unfortunately the situation will only get worse unless you get a bunch of managers actually willing to deal with these issues. If you want decent service fly on an Asian or Middle East Carrier. Domestically try Southwest or Virgin. Jetblue too has started to show signs of strain.

The US airlines are headed down the path of the car manufacturers.

That kind of thing pisses me off. When did it cease to be the captain's airplane, and become the gate agent's airplane?

I had a gate agent do that to me years ago, claim it's "their aircraft at the gate". I asked the question, if you, the gate agent ram the jetway into the aircraft and cause damage, are you allowed to make an entry into the aircraft logbook? Needless to say he didn't have an answer to come back with and his attitude went bye bye.

Sorry to read about your treatment from United.

FYI, come fly with AA. Our system and agents treat everyone equally like sheet.

If you're trying to get on an AA flight, and the agent is blowing her skank about the flight is closed out, go wake up the half asleep AA pilot that appears of questionable intelligence in the chair by the podium, ask him about the JS. Once he wakes up, if he looks at the agent and says, "If I go, we both go, or you eat the delay", that will be me.

If the pilot boarded 65 minutes prior with a bag of pork rinds and a "I love Tom Horton" kitbag sticker, that will be a DFW based hack and not me. (Not to insult the good union guy DFW non-hacks).

It's so easy a caveman could do it.

I'm sure Continental has it's share of some disgruntle employees, however in the past 7 years I've spent at this airline I can honestly say I've never been a victim of an angry gate agent...

You must not have seen the woman in Newark a few years ago, practically climbing over a podium as she screamed (at a paying customer), "You will not $*@()!ing disrespect me at my gate!"

All of us on the moving sidewalk were turning our heads like penguins to watch the exchange. It was something else. :eek:

My favorite is getting an overly rude agent while in uniform (Netjets). It was my pleasure to inform her that not only was I a paying passenger, I was also a member of their "elite" status.... And if she had any comment cards behind the desk......

Only thing better was getting a regional Captain call back and have the FA approach me after pushback to ask why I didn't check in with the pilots... I would try to explain but seemed to get the deer in the headlights look...

Latest resources

Back