• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome to United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whether working a flight, commuting, or non-revving, never lower yourself to bribing agents and F/As with candy.
Bribe them while standing up. :D

make all the positions have a 5 year term no matter what.
do away with the closed shop.
put self service devices at the gates for listing.
thats the only way this will improve.

You must not have seen the woman in Newark a few years ago, practically climbing over a podium as she screamed (at a paying customer), "You will not $*@()!ing disrespect me at my gate!"

All of us on the moving sidewalk were turning our heads like penguins to watch the exchange. It was something else. :eek:

Don't forget it was in Newark where a passenger body slammed a gate agent, breaking his neck, and the passenger was found not guilty. I'd be a bit angry if I worked in an environment where my customers were, by default, legally allowed to break my neck if they get upset.

Hands down the worst treatment I've EVER had is on United.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I've given up on UAL. The biggest problem isn't a rude gate agent, it's that they never know whether a UA guy is already on the JS. The last two times I've tried UA (SEA and DEN), I've been yanked just as I got to the bottom of the jetway. In one case (DEN), 3 minutes AFTER scheduled departure. The other time, both of the JS's were already taken (UA guy and the FAA), and the gate agent had zero clue. I've been pulled from the actual JS too many times to count.

There is clearly something wrong with their system, since they don't seem to have any idea who/how many jumpseaters are actually on the airplane. I hope the CAL merger changes some of their procedures.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I've given up on UAL. The biggest problem isn't a rude gate agent, it's that they never know whether a UA guy is already on the JS. The last two times I've tried UA (SEA and DEN), I've been yanked just as I got to the bottom of the jetway. In one case (DEN), 3 minutes AFTER scheduled departure. The other time, both of the JS's were already taken (UA guy and the FAA), and the gate agent had zero clue. I've been pulled from the actual JS too many times to count.

There is clearly something wrong with their system, since they don't seem to have any idea who/how many jumpseaters are actually on the airplane. I hope the CAL merger changes some of their procedures.

I've had this happen over a half dozen times as well. I showed up at the flight deck to find both jumpseats already occupied. Quite annoying. My gate agent from hell story actually involves a US Air agent in Philly. She was the rudest, nastiest demon I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. In over a decade of dealing with airline BS, she was the only time I actually wrote a formal letter of complaint. Of course it was a complete and utter waste of my time, but it felt like the right thing to do.

Ah sorry to say bringing CAL into this situation is kind of like expecting Hugo Chavez to teach Castro the benefits of a capitalism.

Hands down the worst treatment I've EVER had is on United.

Here at United we are trying to piss away all customers. It's Jeff's new goal. Seems to be working.
There was a big meeting where all the top MGT got together to try to decide how we could continue to fail at everything. I think the consensus was just keep doing exactly the opposite of everyone else. I would beg to differ but they didn't ask my input.

Latest resources

Back