• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome Independence Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey EO Pilot: Did that Ponapei airplane in that avatar have any paint on the wing after what'shisname landed two feet short of the threshold? :rolleyes:

Just messing with you man, how are you liking the electric reset fun jet (CRJ)?

Re: Who's been sniffing paint fumes?

Sniper@YourFeet said:
As far as the 'see and be seen' concept goes, I don't think they could have picked two worse colors than light blue and white,

Kinda of like jetBlue, hasn't really worked for them either eh.....;-)

Lear70 said:
Hey EO Pilot: Did that Ponapei airplane in that avatar have any paint on the wing after what'shisname landed two feet short of the threshold? :rolleyes:

Just messing with you man, how are you liking the electric reset fun jet (CRJ)?

Rich, is that you?

Yeah, I think a lot of that paint was left on the runway. A gift from Express One to the Government of Micronesia.

Anyway, I quit ACA in July because reserve in ORD was looking like an eternal condition and my kids were asking who the guy in the pictures was.

CRJ was fun. But the one I'm longing to go back to is the 72.

Yeah, that would be me. Permanent reserve situation in DTW too (2 1/2 years going towards 3 1/2 before I'm a line holder, but at least it's in the left seat). If I had kids, I'd have probably bailed long ago, can't blame you for that.

I have that set of pictures of poor 702NE (or was it 701?) That was a messed up deal. I went down to Transmeridian to interview for a 727 CA spot last month but with RVSM coming due in Jan '05, the cost of a 757 lease out of the desert is almost the same as doing the 727's so I think we've seen the last of the 727 domestically *sigh*. It was VERY tempting, I miss it too, but since they're not going to cross-train their 727 pilots as the airplanes go away, I turned it down.

If the CRJ would work without having to reset half the breakers in the airplane every other leg it might not be so bad, but the guys I fly with are a pretty good bunch so reserve is livable until something better comes along. PM me sometime and let me know what you are up to now that you're out of the CRJ...

-Rich

p.s. My big question is: When ACA starts getting deliveries of 737's at a fast pace, do you think they'll hire directly into the left seat for guys with 737 types? (Guys - it's flame bait, I'm only KIDDING!) :D

Latest resources

Back