Welcome Independence Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J41

Not need to get ugly just asking a REAL question about the DAL contract.

Jobear

Re: J41

jobear said:
Not need to get ugly just asking a REAL question about the DAL contract.

Jobear

I have no idea what the DAL contract says. As far as I'm concerned mesa (notice the lower-case) and JO can get bent.

trainerjet said:
OK...I'll revise my post to mean primarily larger transport aircraft. Like the 737, MD-80, 757 or A-320. :rolleyes:

You tell me why none of these aircraft have "white or grey stuff" on the wings?

The 737 I used to fly had grey wings as do most large airliners. Also, the E145 has grey wings.

Jobear,

Yeah, I guess the smiley face meant nothing? Don't be so surprised if you evoke some anger - Ornstein, your boss, is not well liked on this forum...

When will the ACA contract expire with UAL?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Who's been sniffing paint fumes?

I recall once reading that AA aircraft, by not having paint, save about $250,000 per year per aircraft (less fuel burn carrying that extra weight, less MX to repaint, etc)

Oh, and the reason allot of wings look grey is b/c they have oxidzied some (just like AA aircraft, some look dull grey-ish b/c they haven't been polished recently. I think leading edges are sortta' 'polished' by the microscopic crud that constantly batters them, and of course they don't get painted due to the anti-ice issues). I wonder if the wings flight controls (ailerons) have to be pre-painted in production to properly balance them (like rudders have to be hung pre-painted at the Boeing factory)

So, as long as we're talking paint - when they painted the Concorde in the Pepsi paint scheme, they actually had to fly at less than mach 2 b/c the aircraft skin would heat up too much due to the dark blue 'colour' :)

As far as the 'see and be seen' concept goes, I don't think they could have picked two worse colors than light blue and white, but I don't think a pilot picked those as much as a hired-gun marketing guru.

Last edited:
:mad:
I do not Now nor have I ever worked for JO or mesa; more than one regional in the US flys Beech1900's.
trying to distance myself from :
"Jobear,

Yeah, I guess the smiley face meant nothing? Don't be so surprised if you evoke some anger - Ornstein, your boss, is not well liked on this forum..."

All I can say is EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwww!

Jobear
SKYWAY FO

PWA says no!

Now Mesa can bid for your Delta connection contract?

Mesa owns 90 seat RJ's and DALPA's contract prohibits this. Mesa wont even be considered (thank God!).;)

Latest resources

Back