Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like a union message board

Gentleman,
I'd be very careful on joining this jetblue pilot website. We have no idea who started it. Did mgmt? Does mgmt. have access to it? Did a mgmt. pilot start it? I am very skittish about putting my last name and employee number on it to join as I dont know who has access to that info. I would not put it past our mgmt. to do some sneaky things.

A modest proposal

I would not put it past our mgmt. to do some sneaky things.

Oh, horseshit A320drivr...you are becoming even more paranoid than before...

While I'm sure that our leadership ( yeah, leadership vice "management"--note the difference in semantics) has made mistakes in the past, I think they're busy enough trying to return us to profitability without spending hours on a web board trying to figure out how to "hurt" us...

Does that possibility even remotely pass a reality check???:(

Ahh, the ANSWER is much more obvious! Somebody, under the direction of ALPA or the Teamsters, established that site in order to promote/rally for a union on the property. Hmm. Let's answer a few basic questions... Who paid for that website software? Who pays for the server? Is there advertising on the board? Nope. FOLLOW THE MONEY!

So if it follows that a union paid for the site, who's pulling the strings? Who's directing the forum deveolpment and direction, including moderation? What are they after? A union on the property! Thus...a hidden agenda that does not require paranoia to accept.

No, I'm not going to join. This is a blatant attempt to skew our pilot force's perception of our work environment.

I have a brain--I don't need friggin' ALPA to tell me what I think.

Keep drinking the coolaid buddy. You say our mgmt. has made some mistakes in the past. I'd say they have made quite a few ones and costly ones at that. Do you notice how nobody on the upper floors of Forest Hills ever takes responsibility but they sure are quick to insinuate its our fault or how we as the crew member could do better.

No, I'm not going to join. This is a blatant attempt to skew our pilot force's perception of our work environment.

So instead you can waste time on this board and the other arguing about jumpseats and cleaning and whose bank account is the biggest.

Personally, I formulate my perception of my work environment when I'm in my work environment. Not when I'm wasting time on these stupid boards while drinking beer. Okay, drinking beer is not wasting time!

Who cares who's paying for it. Sounds like a sweet deal to me if someone else footed the bill. If there's some secret agenda, I'd rather look past it and actually read/contribute to important threads than 1000# lettuce or whatever here (although it is mildly amusing).

Having lurked on there....it's not all negative and doom and gloom. Many of the same folks on here are also on there. In fact, it looks and feels a lot like this site from years ago before all the namecalling/BS.

Do you not watch the news (CNN/FOX/MSNBC - they're all editorialized) because you don't want your view of the world skewed?

a320drivr said:
Keep drinking the coolaid buddy. You say our mgmt. has made some mistakes in the past. I'd say they have made quite a few ones and costly ones at that. Do you notice how nobody on the upper floors of Forest Hills ever takes responsibility but they sure are quick to insinuate its our fault or how we as the crew member could do better.

I actually have seen them take blame for a lot of stuff. Heck when C.C. was around he often said SyOps was behind in IROPS. I have seen C.S. admitting to many errors they made in Reserve Status. Heard the big man say its his fault we could never PTO and that he would fix it. I've got complaints but don't agree that Forest Hills doesn't take blame when they deserve it.

All:

I joined....although I used an anonymous "handle", I sure didn't mind giving out my name and employee number.

Foremost, is it a place to just bitch or one where good ideas can come and go? From my perspective, I would rather that we had to use our own names so that the truth would be the norm, not some fantasy or wildly paranoid thought get spewn forth like the wind.

However, whether I continue to "lurk" or post on the site will greatly be determined by whether or not it becomes a cesspool like this forum has. And I hope ALPA has nothing to do with it.

A350

Do you notice how nobody on the upper floors of Forest Hills ever takes responsibility but they sure are quick to insinuate its our fault or how we as the crew member could do better.

No, in fact I have not noticed that. Yes, I do pay attention. More blah blah blah without substance, A320drivr. I have attended or viewed all pocket sessions and have noticed a definate, conscious effort to address shortcomings and not lay the blame on us. Even David, speaking off the cuff, has come across with statements that urge us to take charge of difficult issues and "do the right thing." He didn't lay the blame on us. Your interpretation of leadership's comments simply don't jibe with mine.

The issue is not mistakes made, the issue is the who is starting such a website and what is their intention?

JBPA wrote:
Personally, I formulate my perception of my work environment when I'm in my work environment. Not when I'm wasting time on these stupid boards while drinking beer. Okay, drinking beer is not wasting time!

Mmmmmm...Beeeerrr. No argument there. Research my posts--you may be surprised with my comments. I don't argue pay.

Unfortunately, your user name reveals your intentions. Who knows--you may be the one who started the new site in the first place.

"Who cares who pays for it." ???? I do. If this is a thinly veiled attempt to stir up dissention to foment the need for a union, the new site does JetBlue pilots an immense disservice.

jbvt said:
What is hilarious is that you have the ba$$s to post on this forum after daddy paid for your job at Gulf stream Int. Run along little man, your a joke and a laughingstock.

You could use an attitude change there Mr. jbvt or maybe it should be bjtv. This industry is tough and an attitude like that will get you little respect. I'd love to have you on a trip jerking gear for me. I'd show you how's it's done and try to change your piss poor attitude. Grow UP!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back