Weather Radar Resources

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

I just purchased a CD from Sporty's titled "How Radar Works" by Dave Gwinn. I heard that it is a really good synopsis of weather radar, going into some good detail. Curious though if anyone knows of any other really good resources on weather radar out there. Specifically for the Honeywell P-660 or P-880 that we have on the Embraer 145. Maybe a DVD, CBT program, book?

FlyChicaga said:
I just purchased a CD from Sporty's titled "How Radar Works" by Dave Gwinn. I heard that it is a really good synopsis of weather radar, going into some good detail. Curious though if anyone knows of any other really good resources on weather radar out there. Specifically for the Honeywell P-660 or P-880 that we have on the Embraer 145. Maybe a DVD, CBT program, book?

Archie Trammell is probably one of the best sources on the use of weather radar. You can get his publications through http://sportys.com/wxradar/.

2000Flyer

Arche's OK, but Gwenn's much better...

Probably the best way to go is to attend one of Gwenn's seminars that he does for Honeywell. Check out www.davegwinn.com for more info.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back