We all want age 60 changed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gearjockey

Paragraph copied from a story on a news site I visit. I definitely do not think this way and don't believe "most people do" Maybe she needs a head exam. Any fly with this broad? Deuce pilot income baby!

Age rules forcing pilot to quit at 60
By Robert J. Smith, Northwest Arkansas News, Monday October 29, 2007

...Pilot Leah Morgenthau, a 33-year-old Fayetteville native who flies for Express Jet, is the perfect person to ask about this retirement stuff even if she’s a tad young. Her husband is a Delta Air Lines pilot. Her sister flies for Chautauqua Airlines, a regional carrier. Her brother-in-law takes United Parcel Service planes into the air. They are all in their 30s. “Pretty much all of us think age 65 should be implemented,” said Morgenthau, who lives in Louisville, Ky. But many young pilots can’t wait for the oldest pilots at the legacy carriers like Delta and Continental to retire so they can move up in seniority or move from a regional carrier to work for the big boys. “It’s completely selfish,” Morgenthau said. “I haven’t met one person who thinks a person between age 60 and 65 is incapable of flying.” Robert J. Smith’s column about people on the move in Northwest Arkansas appears each Monday.

Last edited:
Your point?

The so-called "Age 60" rule is a blatantly discriminatory relic of the 1950s and should have been changed years ago. There is no medical or logical basis for it.

“I haven’t met one person who thinks a person between age 60 and 65 is incapable of flying.”

I know plenty of people between those ages that have no business in a cockpit.

The so-called "Age 60" rule is a blatantly discriminatory relic of the 1950s and should have been changed years ago. There is no medical or logical basis for it.

Agreed....Our medical standards need to come up to the 21st century though to keep this a safe operation though. The current FAA medical standards are a absolute joke.

Your point?

At some point, no matter how physically apt you are, your mind starts to slow down. It happens to everyone. You start not being able to react as fast to certain situations. I think that's where the age 60 rule came from and I've talked to people who have retired at age 60 who have agreed that they think their mind isn't as sharp as it used to be and they're glad that the retirement age is 60.

I have flown with guys in their 20s that should not be in a cockpit.

Y'all do whatever you want, hell retire the day before you die if you want to, anyway raise it , I'm done at 60 I will spend the end of my life in Aruba, enjoy your week end when your 65 at the ramada.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back