watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAVOK69

curious, what kind of wrist-watches do you all have? Any recommendations?

Citizen Navihawk

I've had a Citizen Navihawk for about 5.5 years and loved it. Works great for crossing multiple timezones. The E6B helps with currency conversion once you cross enough timezones. I think they make one with a light now which would be a bonus.

CAVOK69 said:
curious, what kind of wrist-watches do you all have? Any recommendations?

$30 Timex. Local time on the analog face, UTC in the digital window. Alarm, date, stopwatch, etc....

This is what I use:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/policestuff/caatsogmtwa.html

Good points about it:
-Solar
-Gets a time hack every day. This watch is ALWAYS correct. Always.
-Dual time (I keep local and UTC)
-"Time memo" function (I use to fast-record T/O and landing times, among other things)
-Automatically keeps track of DST
-When selected, the backlight will AUTOMATICALLY come on when you tilt the watch toward your face. This is just fukin cool.

I've had mine for almost 2 years and it kicks total aas. Well worth the price.

Fury220 said:
This is what I use:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/policestuff/caatsogmtwa.html

Good points about it:
-Solar
-Gets a time hack every day. This watch is ALWAYS correct. Always.
-Dual time (I keep local and UTC)
-"Time memo" function (I use to fast-record T/O and landing times, among other things)
-Automatically keeps track of DST
-When selected, the backlight will AUTOMATICALLY come on when you tilt the watch toward your face. This is just fukin cool.

I've had mine for almost 2 years and it kicks total aas. Well worth the price.

I have the same...love it! I think I paid $89 at Wally World...

I don't know what mine is. I paid just shy of about nine bucks at Walmart a few years ago, added a two dollar slip-on compass from a sport store, and it works fine. I can't read the manufacturer name because it wore off not long after I got the watch.

I had a citizen some time ago that wasn't worth aluminum scrap. It fell apart. I can buy new watches from here to kingdom come on a regular basis and still not pay what the citizen cost.

Screw status.

--almost forgot the best part. It's got huge numbers so that even a blind nimrod like me can still see the time without having to guess, and a nifty backlight like the big boys, to boot. You just can't beat a deal like that with a stick.

Last edited:
Breitling Aerospace. EXTREMELY accurate.
Breitling B-1 is on order. Can't wait to get it.

Fury and schoolio, that watch does look great, especially for the price.

I used to use a Citizen Navihawk, but bought a Citizen Eco-drive Skyhawk last year. It is solar, has all the features of the Navihawk yet uses only two pushbuttons and the rotary crown for controls. On the old Navihawk, you had to use the one pushbutton to select your mode (and it only went clockwise). On the Skyhawk, you use the rotary crown to select functions, and it will turn in either direction. Likewise when setting the alarms - since you use the crown to set the alarm time too, you can turn it either up or down to get to your time. It is MUCH faster and less cumbersome.

It also looks better than the Navihawk, IMO. I kept my Navihawk and wear it a round the house so I don't ding up my Skyhawk in the shop or someplace...

Watches? For a minute I thought I was on the Flight Training Magazine Student Pilot forum.

"Hey mah peeps, my flight academy makes us wear airline shirts. Isn't that kool? I just passed my privates and gots me one stripe!"

Latest resources

Back