• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Watch out for the cabbies in HTO--East Hampton

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've had multiple problems with cabs at Gabreski. Especially late at night. Smoking the whole way, no ac, the list goes on and on.

Being from the city I don't put up with any of this crap. Get off the cell phone, turn on the AC, stop smoking and roll up the windows.

If it doesn't happen I get out or I refuse to pay. They are legally bound to provide you with a safe form of transportation. I also track the route on my cell phone to make sure the guy is going the right way. Thank god for google maps.

Last edited:
Have no clue who the cabbie was... But can you imagine being a cop and standing there looking at Ashem Ackman Musarri and two pilots in uniform??? All the while Ashem is trying to pimp you out of another $50?? I dont think the cop would buy it.

I regularly turn down cabs for cleanliness, driver appearance... and at least once a month I call them out for BS routes. I tell them they can stop the meter now, cause I aint payin no mo! Thats when they start the Oh oh... oh.. sorry.. oh oh. sorry I new driver!

You left out some elements in your scenario. You mentioned that the pilots were in uniform but, you omitted what the cab driver is wearing. What if he is wearing a suit? Or at least a shirt and tie? Are you implying that a cop would make his decision on what someone is wearing? Or is it race? If it is race, why did you omit the race of the pilots? Never mind.

Well, your answer depends. If the cop is a racist and his decision is based on the driver's ethnic background, then yes, he would definitely decide in favor of the pilots in uniform. However, if the cop is not a BRAINLESS RACIST A$$HOLE (ahem!:rolleyes:), he would have to arrive at his decision without bias and prejudice.

Last edited:
Heavy Set...

The other guys here have basically proved my point.

Many (not all) cabbies operate on a professional level resembling pond scum. They will take advantage of you if you let them.

You are the professional. You are dressed as such. You hold the higher ground. Use it.

You paid. You didn't need to.

Something else to watch out for:

Some cab drivers are supposed to charge a set fee from the airport within a certain area. Look for signs in the airport or ask about this before you go. If you don't know, some of them will charge you by the meter, which is always more than the fee.

Two places where this is a factor are BOS and DEN, although there are probably others.

I've never seen BOS have a set fare to the city and I take cabs back and forth to the airport about 4 times a week from the heart of the city.

Although boston cabs have to be the smeliest wrecks on earth. You're lucky when the cab doesn't break down on the way to the airport.

They are a mess.

Oh bos to bed, yeah I think there is. BOS to the city nope.

I fight with Boston cabbies weekly. Storrow Drive is the cabbie's best friend. So is the Ted Williams tunnel.

I got into it with a cabbie in Vegas a couple of years ago. He got lost going to Signature!!! Even though I told him where it was. He tried to charge me the exact fare on the meter after taking 2 wrong turns and making 2 U turns even after I told him where to go. I told him to eat ******************** and gave him $10 (the meter said $18). I told him that I would be in the FBO and to call the cops if he had a problem. He didn't, of course.

On another note... if a cabbie doesn't get his ass out of the front seat and help with my bag, I am NOT tipping him. I help all of our pax with bags on every flight. There's no cabbie that's too good to lift a friggin bag. I will tell them "dude, you lost $5 because you didn't help with bags." If we all did this, they might get the hint.

You left out some elements in your scenario. You mentioned that the pilots were in uniform but, you omitted what the cab driver is wearing. What if he is wearing a suit? Or at least a shirt and tie? Are you implying that a cop would make his decision on what someone is wearing? Or is it race? If it is race, why did you omit the race of the pilots? Never mind.

Well, your answer depends. If the cop is a racist and his decision is based on the driver's ethnic background, then yes, he would definitely decide in favor of the pilots in uniform. However, if the cop is not a BRAINLESS RACIST A$$HOLE (ahem!:rolleyes:), he would have to arrive at his decision without bias and prejudice.

I don't think the cop seeing it as an immigrant trying to hustle 2 pilots as being racist. He's a cop he sees stuff like this all the time. However, the liberal way is to cry boo hoo for the poor ____place victim type here____ who can do no wrong because liberals love to baby over "racism" every time someone who is not white gets arrested for committing a crime. Gimme a break. And yes, I know, everyone who doesn't vote for Obama is racist.

I fight with Boston cabbies weekly. Storrow Drive is the cabbie's best friend. So is the Ted Williams tunnel.

I got into it with a cabbie in Vegas a couple of years ago. He got lost going to Signature!!! Even though I told him where it was. He tried to charge me the exact fare on the meter after taking 2 wrong turns and making 2 U turns even after I told him where to go. I told him to eat ******************** and gave him $10 (the meter said $18). I told him that I would be in the FBO and to call the cops if he had a problem. He didn't, of course.
The best is after you've had a couple of drinks and the cabbie thinks your either a tourist or too drunk to realize he took the long way home.

Boston cabbies are the worst scumbags on earth. I wonder who they are always talking to on the phone wtf. Whenever I get in a cab its, turn off the phone, turn on the AC, and turn off the jihadist music.

They have to have ezpass but they get around it by not putting money on it so you get to spend an extra 10 minutes in the cash line at the tolls.

So annoys me. I'm sure we'll experience it saturday. :)

Latest resources

Back