IASCO/HACS contract NOT renewed by JALWA

http://www.pprune.org/

Regional Issues Forums
Far East

jumbo Mouse
Just another number

Member # 6221

posted 09 January 2002 00:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello again
Well CFIT things are going to get interesting, I know JALways has promised that the pay conditions would not be brought down to the new proposed standard by WAS.inc-! Many crew are coming up for renewal all the time, to me it is clear they have no choice but to renew as they need all the crew they have, if any less a contract was to be offered I am sure there would be a big uprising withing this small close group of pilots.

It is JALways intention to expand, the DC10 is leaving in a few years and it looks as though JALways will be all 747 jurassic! It is also said that the first DC10 crew will be transiting to the 747 at the end of this year.

And last but no way least, it takes 6 months minimum to train crew to JCAB standard, plus the Japanese instructors from JAL will only train upto 8 crew members for one position at a time. The recruitment process in all takes upto 3 months, for enough people to get through the JCAB medical; so all in all it will take atleast 1 year for the new company to produce a crew for JALways. In the mean time the aircraft must fly, and that is where we will defend our soil!
And further, the new kids must not think they are going to be welcomed by the existing crew. In the past we had a 85 hour guarunteed contract, which over the years dropped to 65 hours, we are definetly not going to take the new companies proposal of 50 hours, at the end of the day we don't want this to become a **** job!!

As for HAC's and Iasco, I think that they will be OK with the existing crew, and since the precedence has been set, may very well offer it's crew out to other needy airlines.

Regards
PS - don't come to JALways via WAI.inc, if you want to remain scabless!!!!!!!

[ 22 January 2002: Message edited by: jumbo Mouse ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Aviation Services Inc

I have been trying to get on with HACS & IASCO for the last year but have had no luck. I have the opportunity to interview next month with Wasinc. Do you really think coming through them would be "SCABBING"? I would not even consider it if it was.

Latest resources

Back