• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Washington & Private Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still ask, who is going to hire them? Look at the mess one narrow category of CEOs caused for the Pt91 operators. See how it takes the rest with it? Good flight departments are history. Even if that sector was hiring, who is going to take a chance on a guy from AIG or Lehman Brothers?

It wasn't a narrow category of CEOs, it was a narrow category of investment (mortgage securities). If these guys end up leaving or being booted from these companies, I will gauruntee some will start their own hedge funds or work for boutique investment firms that would welcome someone from the major companies. Also, those good flight departments are history thanks, in part, to the big del the government made of them. There is lots of blame to go around.

The numbers thrown around (limiting salary to 400k and bonuses to 1/3 of salary is what I have heard) are less than these guys could make investing their own personal funds in CDs.

It wasn't a narrow category of CEOs, it was a narrow category of investment (mortgage securities). If these guys end up leaving or being booted from these companies, I will gauruntee some will start their own hedge funds or work for boutique investment firms that would welcome someone from the major companies. Also, those good flight departments are history thanks, in part, to the big del the government made of them. There is lots of blame to go around.

The numbers thrown around (limiting salary to 400k and bonuses to 1/3 of salary is what I have heard) are less than these guys could make investing their own personal funds in CDs.
You missed the analogy. I was trying to say see how the Big 3 CEOs showing up in DC in the Gs has dragged the rest of the industry down. You mentioned it was a narrow catagory of the company that caused this mess, and while I agree, the stink get carried by the rest of the people who work there, just like it's being carried by all of us just because was are hard working blue collar guys that had nothing to do with the Big 3, but we fly airplanes for corporations, so we have to just sit here and take it.

I think the majority of small investment firms whose good name is in tact want nothing to do with some fancy Wall Street trader who just quit his job becasue he thought his TARP *Government Owned" company didnt give him a big enough bonus, even though his job was GONE until the feds stepped in, just like the airplanes werel they were gone until they got GOVT money to keep them afloat. They've made it this far without taking risk and doing things by the book, and I can't imagine they'd want to put all that on the line for some AIG trader or Lehman broker. The people whose money they buy and sell dont want someone with TARP stink on them having anythning to do with their money. A foreign firm might pick them up, but I think their options are slim stateside.

As for the CD issue, the rates are in the gutter, especially in the short term market, If you dont mind 5 years, then you might get 4-5%. That's 50K for every million you put in it, and being without 1M for a year just to get 59 is simply not worth it, expecially after the tax man gets done taking his share.

Disregard this bozo LrvsH25B. He is a full on left wing kool aid drinkig nutcase. The left can do no wrong in his eyes.

I am pretty sure that he is just posting flame bait.

HERE's ONE

Unless you work for a Tarp funded company operating biz jets, the Gov't isn't questioning sh!t, so don't come on here with that lie.
The GOV'T is the largest shareholder in these companies. Are you suggesting a company's largest investor (the one who kept the company from folding) does not have the right to do so? You're out of your fukcing mind.
Walmart has the largest fleet of corporate jets out of any 81 operator. They're publically traded. The GOV't saying anything to them? What about Exxon Mobil? What did the Gov't say to them? I could go on for days with non TARP companies with jets who are unaffected. The facts are that if you are not TARP funded, then nobody is saying sh!t to you. That's a fact and you can't dispute it. Name me 1 non TARP funded company who the GOVT has said anything to about their private jets? If you can't, then STFU about being attacked by the GOVT becasue you know its bullsh!t. Even better, name me 1 company the GOVT said something to about the jets that is not TARP funded. Once again, if you can;t, STFU.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY. They got the scorn heaped on them by your pal Barney Frank (whom I suspect you have many things in common).

TARP dollars taken to date $0.

So there you go mister know it all.

Funny you got all indignant about perceived racial comments on another post, but come here and talk like you are straight out of the ghetto (ref. STFU).

Since I just named one (per your requirements) does that mean that I can come here and point out your stupidity and hypocrisy for all to see?

Was it your beloved president that appointed you censor of the flightinfo boards? I bet you can't wait for the "fairness doctrine" to be applied to internet message boards. Meanwhile I will push for them to be applied to newspapers and TV News outlets.

Last edited:
FORD MOTOR COMPANY. They got the scorn heaped on them by your pal Barney Frank (whom I suspect you have many things in common).

TARP dollars taken to date $0.

So there you go mister know it all.

Funny you got all indignant about perceived racial comments on another post, but come here and talk like you are straight out of the ghetto (ref. STFU).

Since I just named one (per your requirements) does that mean that I can come here and point out your stupidity and hypocrisy for all to see?

Was it your beloved president that appointed you censor of the flightinfo boards? I bet you can't wait for the "fairness doctrine" to be applied to internet message boards. Meanwhile I will push for them to be applied to newspapers and TV News outlets.
I don't know what you think you proved? Ford? What about them? The shut their flight department down under the Bush Administration. They did it own their own. Nobody forced them to do that. You're bound to find out sooner or later, so I might as well tell you our mother's a wh0re, did I ever tell you that?

Now, go fukc yourself.

I don't know what you think you proved? Ford? What about them? The shut their flight department down under the Bush Administration. They did it own their own. Nobody forced them to do that. You're bound to find out sooner or later, so I might as well tell you our mother's a wh0re, did I ever tell you that?

Now, go fukc yourself.

you have no credibility here in my opinion with your pathetic attitude.

:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back