Was is Worth More in the Log Book

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LAXSaabdude said:
No disagreement there, I was simply stating that certain models of Citation (e.g. the Citation I SP, or CitationJet) may be flown single pilot. If an SIC is not required, then only the PIC may log any time at all, as he is the only one type rated in the airplane, and the person occupying the right seat is not a required crewmember.

If it is an original Citation I, or one of the new Xs for example, then an SIC is always required, and may log the time as such.

LAXSaabdude

Not if he or she is a CFIIME or a ATP. I'm not sure if this is right but I heard that any ATP can train in an aircraft he is typed in. Is this true?

Citationkid said:
I'm not sure if this is right but I heard that any ATP can train in an aircraft he is typed in. Is this true?

I don't have the regs in front of me, but I believe that this is true only to train a prospective pilot for a 135 or 121 operation.

Besides, I don't think MarineGrunt is looking to log hundreds of hours of dual. Looks kind of cheesy in the logbook when you go to an interview.

LAXSaabdude.

Citationkid said:
Not if he or she is a CFIIME or a ATP. I'm not sure if this is right but I heard that any ATP can train in an aircraft he is typed in. Is this true?

No, this is not quite accurate. An ATP may instruct other pilots in "air transportation service". The intent is that a captain may give instruction without holding a flight instrctor certificate. The ATP does not carry unlimited instructional priveliges.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back