• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Was Comair Strike a Success?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those carriers did not jump off of the backs of other pilots with lawsuits. Additionally, there were many Comair pilots who actually got a pay raise via strike benefits. Why would they do anything but the "noble" cause when it was so lucrative.

As for the pay, we are talking about the STRIKE here, not the contract. Tell me, oh wise one, where were the negotiations before the strike and after the strike. I'll save you the research--pretty much the same place.

The STRIKE was a failure. The contractual negotiations up to that point were a large success.
Alright kook, I am no Obi-wan but I do know that the only people that got a raise during the strike was first year pilots, and this isn't a raise, because it was 'strike pay' not a contractual pay increase.

first year pay at that year was $16.00 p/hr. so the take home for any new hire on first year pay did receive more take home than their first year salary prior to the strike.

Failure is not in this discussion, no strike is a Success because no side actually wins, because it is a negotiation, have you heard this word before, negotiation?

we did well, not great, but there were improvements, you apparently have no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't say that those airlines jumped off the backs of the other ALPA pilots, in implied that Comair did, I guess for receiving strike pay. that is part of the camaraderie or union as it is supposed to be, not this bickering about what was the cost for Delta.

Ask how many Comair pilots or any other ALPA pilot how much was their assessment check for Eastern, they weren't complaining after the facts. I didn't hear any ALPA pilots complain about their assessment checks for the Comair strike except Delta pilots or you. what's your point?

I am going out for a surf, you can stay here and complain about your miserable life, about what happened in the past.

A success? Are you kidding me! The Comair strike was nothing short of a bunch of idiots that cost Delta a lot of money! They gained no significant gains to their contract. Comair pukes on here love to throw their shoulders back and state how important they are because they went on strike for 90 days! Big f-ing deal! Anyone can not go to work for 90 days! Anyone! The big question is what did they accomplish! I think if you look carefully you will find that the gains that were made were not significant, and fall far short of the pride they seem to be still pumped up on!

If it cost Delta money, it was worth it! It didn't cost enough though, because that POS outfit is still in business. ..l.. carpie.

Alright kook, I am no Obi-wan but I do know that the only people that got a raise during the strike was first year pilots, and this isn't a raise, because it was 'strike pay' not a contractual pay increase.

first year pay at that year was $16.00 p/hr. so the take home for any new hire on first year pay did receive more take home than their first year salary prior to the strike.

Failure is not in this discussion, no strike is a Success because no side actually wins, because it is a negotiation, have you heard this word before, negotiation?

we did well, not great, but there were improvements, you apparently have no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't say that those airlines jumped off the backs of the other ALPA pilots, in implied that Comair did, I guess for receiving strike pay. that is part of the camaraderie or union as it is supposed to be, not this bickering about what was the cost for Delta.

Ask how many Comair pilots or any other ALPA pilot how much was their assessment check for Eastern, they weren't complaining after the facts. I didn't hear any ALPA pilots complain about their assessment checks for the Comair strike except Delta pilots or you. what's your point?

I am going out for a surf, you can stay here and complain about your miserable life, about what happened in the past.

The leapfrogging off the backs comment referred to other things. If you don't get it, you don't deserve an explanation.

The rest of your post was self-imploding. You tried to jump on the Comair rah rah train with the pay raise, not realizing that the subject at hand was strike instead of negotiations.

Finally, there is no complaining in my post. You were wrong, the strike essentially was worthless, you jumped into the fray, and I called you on it. Simple. The Comair pilots capitulated as soon as they saw that their leverage wasn't worth much. Congratulations on your star.

The Star that we all paid for!

The main error in judgement:
The Comair MEC ignored the fact that they no longer worked for the Comair stockholders. When Delta bought Comair in 2000, the dynamics changed! The outcome became predictable and hopeless for the success of their strategy(formulated when they were owned by the Comair stockholders).

The Comair pilot's statement to Delta management was extremely successful for the Comair pilots. Every other DCI pilot's statement to Delta managment was extremely successful for Delta management.

Let's face it. The Comair pilot's had their legs taken right out from underneath them.

Do you think it was a success or not? Given the fact there are around 45 to 60 DCI carriers now was the CMR strike a good thing. They are smaller now and have taken pretty big concessions. Did they stick it to management???

Look at all the new regionals since that time....what do you think.

And ComAir got much smaller.

The Comair strike was a success in many ways, and frankly, long overdue in the regional industry. Now if only others could follow suit.

But, no, the Bush-appointed pro company/anti labor idiots on the mediation board will ensure that no pilot group is released into self help.

Latest resources

Back