Warren Buffett wants to cut benefits of his planes? pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Mr. Diesel,

You missed the comma after "Jesus". Your sentence should have been written as follows:

Jesus, I hope my son doesn't learn to write like this.

Additionally, some people do not appreciate the use of "Jesus" in such a frivolous manner.

Upon further reflection I have decided your post is satisfactory as is because it is only a message board.

Have a good weekend,

Mr. Checks

Dear Mr. Diesel,

You missed the comma after "Jesus". Your sentence should have been written as follows:

Jesus, I hope my son doesn't learn to write like this.

Additionally, some people do not appreciate the use of "Jesus" in such a frivolous manner.

Upon further reflection I have decided your post is satisfactory as is because it is only a message board.

Have a good weekend,

Mr. Checks

I'll use Allah next time.

Thanks for posting like a teenager.

Wasn't it easier to post a coherent sentence?

When push comes to shove, I think in the end NJ will get their release....if it comes to that....

There wouldn't be a PEB for a frac, so I'd expect this to be settled....

We are just as screwed as Southwest, Delta, American and United then

Two things....

I always thought the saying went "we're not an airline!" Hopefully someone somewhere doesn't dig that up and use it against you in an arbitration....

Second...

As a former furloughee, who got reamed here for airing NJA's dirty laundry when Sokol was in town. ( simply cut and pasting from an online article), it sure seems the tide has changed.....

Best of luck, hopefully you can come close although nearly doubling pay seems a long shot in front of an arbitrator without giving up a lot.

Two things....

I always thought the saying went "we're not an airline!" Hopefully someone somewhere doesn't dig that up and use it against you in an arbitration....

Second...

As a former furloughee, who got reamed here for airing NJA's dirty laundry when Sokol was in town. ( simply cut and pasting from an online article), it sure seems the tide has changed.....

Best of luck, hopefully you can come close although nearly doubling pay seems a long shot in front of an arbitrator without giving up a lot.

There's no arbitrator. We are in mediation. There is a mediator. It's not semantics. An arbitrator can reach a compromise for the two parties, actually making the decision of what each side gets. A mediator can make SUGGESTIONS, but has no power to compel either side to accept his/her suggestions. If the mediator believes one side or the other just isn't moving, he can park us for a very long time (negotiations can still continue outside of mediation at this time) and there will be no cooling off period or release to strike. Or, the mediator can start the 30-day cooling off period followed by release to self help (strike). Somewhere in there the NMLRB comes into play in releasing us for a strike.

But there is no arbitrator involved in this process. Neither side needs to present anything "reasonable".

Hope this helps. I do get a little cross-eyed with the whole process, so if someone else has some clarity to shed on the subject feel free to chime in.

There's no arbitrator. We are in mediation. There is a mediator. It's not semantics. An arbitrator can reach a compromise for the two parties, actually making the decision of what each side gets. A mediator can make SUGGESTIONS, but has no power to compel either side to accept his/her suggestions. If the mediator believes one side or the other just isn't moving, he can park us for a very long time (negotiations can still continue outside of mediation at this time) and there will be no cooling off period or release to strike. Or, the mediator can start the 30-day cooling off period followed by release to self help (strike). Somewhere in there the NMLRB comes into play in releasing us for a strike.

But there is no arbitrator involved in this process. Neither side needs to present anything "reasonable".

Hope this helps. I do get a little cross-eyed with the whole process, so if someone else has some clarity to shed on the subject feel free to chime in.

Thanks for clarification.... Although I understand the nuts and bolts of the process, terms and obviously the difference you pointed out, escape me.

The point I was trying to make though, if it were to come to a mediator releasing you to self help (or making you wait).. The idea that for years and years the pilot rhetoric has been "we are not an airline..." But now you want airline pay....

Someone( mediator) could look at that and think..."wait a minute, they have been stating for years they are not an airline".

I know it's a small and probably unimportant point to make, but just throwing it out there for the sake of arguement

We didn't get released last time ... and we got a contract

True, but it was a contract that had SIC's bailing left and right.... There had to be an amendment to it because the company was losing tons on training costs for new hires...(5 bases, $45k starting pay)... And even then IBB saw some gains for management...

And it is the same contract that is now being referred to as a POS...

NJA wasn't the "elite"" place to go until 2007... And that only lasted 2years... NJA's time at the top was very short. The 2005 contract was not the greatest ever( which is what NJASAP is going for now)

We didn't get released last time ... and we got a contract

According to Pedro's latest missive, he thinks Hansell wants a strike.

For us to prevail through a strike lockout, we need:

1. Absolute unity.
2. Each individual financially prepared for a period of no income/no benefits.

So, as I see it, 50% of our success depends on us individually.

Are YOU ready?

Latest resources

Back