• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Warren Buffet report on Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is amazing how a well compensated, highly respected employee is willing to give up their free time to help out the company isn't it?

Yeah, but I'm curious.

Would they have volunteered and made the same efforts if the union wasn't on the property? I think not.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that the whining would have persisted if they weren't happy with the uniforms.

This is the whole point that I try to make about unions.
The exact same people that volunteer after the CBA goes into effect could volunteered before but chose not to
. This give the effect the union has made an impact, when in reality they haven't because a CBA wasn't needed to accomplish the same task.

They complain about management, invite a costly union on the property, and don't step up to help until after.

You moron, during Nahills reigh of power we had a pilot support group that was up in CGF for about 6 weeks, and then was asked to leave and all their hard work was thrown away

Fisch, it takes one to know one...;) thanks for your service to your fellow pilots. Speaking of volunteers, NJA is a better place today because of the work done by the joint committees. It truly has confirmed that two heads are better than one. Not only does the Company welcome input from pilot committee members, but they actively seek out Union Committee Chairmen for their expertise and help, especially in training. Congrats to the UTC for the expansion of STEP. I know that goal was important to the committee.

Smart managers make the best use of all of their resources. Tapping into the talent among the pilotgroup has been good for business. Upper management has seen that partnering with the pilots has made NJA more efficient and increased profits. The relationship between management and pilots has never been better. The mutual respect among joint committee members is an excellent foundation for success that benefits everyone involved with NJA. Kudos to all employees with the team work attitude! :) NJW

Those spouting FUD and trying to warp reality need the black boot.

We just got an announcement that over age 50 401K catch-up contributions will now be eligible for 50% company match which they weren't before. Not sure if 1108 pilots already had the same or will also get it but you gotta like it.

Now, if we can just fix the uniforms and the EFB's.....

Now, if we can just fix the uniforms and the EFB's.....[/quote]

If the EFB locks up on me ONCE, I write it up and put it in it's bag for the rest of the week. As much as I hate doing Jepps, I doubt the Feds will ever let us go paperless with these useless doorstops.

Don't let the swamp hear you......they think they're fine and dandy.

We just got an announcement that over age 50 401K catch-up contributions will now be eligible for 50% company match which they weren't before. Not sure if 1108 pilots already had the same or will also get it but you gotta like it.

Now, if we can just fix the uniforms and the EFB's.....

Congratulations! The catch-up deal, brought to you from IBB, is a good thing--even better than it sounds. For those in your group who may not be aware of it, the contributions can start in the year you turn 50. So a 49 yr old pilot who turns 50 at the end of the year shouldn't waste any time; he should get $tarted now.

The uniform problem is easily solved; I'm sure the NJA pilots will gladly share their uniform with NJI pilots...;) Here's an idea for the EFB mess. Submit a report to the NJ pilots' Union so that it can be presented to the appropriate joint committee. By the time you show up to claim your new uniform...:) they will hopefully have chosen a better EFB.

It has been my observation that one of the best things about the NJ pilots' Union (aside from camaraderie) is the opportunity to help solve problems for the benefit of all. The volunteers/leaders find it very rewarding. The partnership formed by the joint committees has made good things happen across all of NJA....and to the NJI pilots, as well.
Kudos to all involved,
NJW

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back