• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Warren Buffet report on Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason NetJets is now profitable is that finally the NJA pilots are behaving like professional pilots instead of like professional union thugs. I am very happy about this, but for the union pilots to congratulate themselves for not misbehaving is disengenuous to say the least. In my opinion.

Your opinion is insulting and incorrect. You should be ashamed of your post.

NJA management actions were IRRESPONSIBLE and RECKLESS during good faith bargaining with the Union. Their MISMANAGEMENT caused the near collapse at NJA. Their management skills (or lack thereof) gave them confidence to expose the company, and its ablility to make profits, by engaging in lengthy (2001 to 2005) and adversarial negotiations. Management's responsibility is to way all options, pros & cons, and cost-benefits to their plan of action.

Their plan: act unprofessionally by dragging out negotiations with the pilots and hope that the delays would weaken their resolve. The result: they GAMBLED and LOST!!!

Put the blame where it lies: management. The Pilots acted like PROFESSIONALS. Its just BUSINESS. And that's something RTS can relate to and, in my opinion, what lead to RTS's respect for the IBT 1108 PILOTS. And yes, we EARNED it!!!

Also isn't it amazing that after the contract was done that the airplanes became more efficient. Was it because NetJets hired in a better maintenance staff?

It could be the totally new MEL we have now which covers many of the past issues as well as the new MCO program which allows us to fly the airplanes under certain conditions. Both of which we did not have prior to 2005.

Do not ASSume things that you are not 100% sure of...

What? Do we start wearing our crappy new black uniforms next week? What? ;)

Gutshotdraw, don't ask me....
G4 dude is the one you should see...:p

The result: they GAMBLED and LOST!!!

To the union members, it's all about winning and losing. Not a single word about fairness for NJ and the rest of the employees. To you and the union mongers, NJ gambled and lost.

When Eastern shut down, the union still claimed they won. They sure showed Lorenzo a thing or two, didn't they?

Good luck on the upcoming announcement at NJI.

Flame Bait....

Or

Is your husband who is an elected union official leaking confidential information out through you? An offense both immoral and illegal. But I'm sure you know this being the resident legal expert around here.

Flame Bait....

Or

Is your husband who is an elected union official leaking confidential information out through you? An offense both immoral and illegal. But I'm sure you know this being the resident legal expert around here.

She's the self proclaimed non-pilot union expert who's knows everything because her husband is a pilot.

Her husband is a "volunteer" that collects a stipend because he loses so much time on union chores and not flying revenue for Uncle Warren and the company that signs his paycheck that his pay must be augumented to make up for the difference. (oops, I guess that means he's a paid union employee).

As a fierce supporter of unions winning contracts, volunteerism with pay and complete backing of pilots because other NJ employees didn't invest properly in their careers, she's somebody that everybody can take solace in knowing she's there to help. (Just like the IRS.)

HEY EVERYBODY, LOOKY HERE!!

It seems like B19 just popped his head out of his hole again......:puke:

Flame Bait....

Or

Guess what wolfpackpilot? I think she was being genuine. She was actually wishing the pilots at NJI GOOD LUCK. I know it is weird, but there are actually still nice people out there.

Guess what wolfpackpilot? I think she was being genuine. She was actually wishing the pilots at NJI GOOD LUCK. I know it is weird, but there are actually still nice people out there.

I second fischman. Having met and known NJW and her husband for several years, I'm certain that she means "good luck" in a positive manner.

Wolf, you're wrong on both counts and it doesn't take an expert to follow along closely-- in Union affairs or a message board. Background info: I had responded to G4dude who said in post #39 "Meanwhile, the civil discourse is quite enjoyable, and we at NJI are waiting for Gulfstream's announcement of their new plane, the 600 series, I suppose. Secret stuff, how intriguing!"

I don't know anything about changes, announcements, etc at NJI, (first I heard of one) but that isn't a requirement to wish the pilots there luck...:rolleyes: Perhaps you and B19 should check previous posts on a thread before you jump in and falsely attack someone making a friendly gesture. Here's your sign....:p

Obviously, civil discourse isn't practiced by all who post here, but to the majority of neighborly, respectful board members I offer my appreciation and a simple wish that all is well with you and yours. NJW

If a poisonous word-twister with a forked tongue slithers out of its Fud hole to block your path ... give it the boot!

Latest resources

Back