Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome!!

Welcome on board!

I'd really like to welcome you into the industry, I bet you're all excited right now, but please do us all a favor if you decide to attend a flight school down here in Fla. Please do not attend one of those (PFT) Pay for Training academies. There are a bunch of these down here that will take your money and make empty promises. Besides most people (pilots) don't like the type and it will make your career a bit bumpy. Earn it cause you are able to and not cause you have a fat wallet!
Just a few words of wisidom.
Good luck!!

72Longhorn

Non P-F-T'ers

Try running a search on the board for "P-F-T" and you'll get the names of the more well-known operators.

Florida schools you might check out include FlightSafety in Vero Beach, Florida. I instructed there ten years ago and know people who are still there instructing. I'll vouch for its program. Others include Pan Am down the street in Fort Pierce, Comair in Sanford, and Airline Transport Professionals, in several locations in Florida.

Florida is a major hotbed of flight training activity. Probably one of the state's major industries, if you think about it. There are literally dozens of schools there.

Good luck with your choice.

bobbysamd

I am still waiting on info from FlightSafety. I have gotten the info from Pan Am and Comair, among others.

So far I am looking real hard at Pan Am, but I am holding off final until I get FlightSafety's package.

I will keep the list down to 3 and then tour those 3 in a couple of months when I take the family to Fl. on vacation.

Thanks for all the welcome's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck on your new career. I think you picked a good time to start your training. Train on the downcycle....

Personally, I picked FSI. When you see threads about the various schools down there, you'll notice that there will be a lot of School X vs. FSI, School Y vs. FSI, etc. etc. etc. There is a reason for that. FSI is the standard. They train the flight crews for 35 heads of state, for goodness sake! You won't find a negative thread (beyond the occasional complaint) about FSI on this board or any of the other usual ones.

Definately check out jetcareers.com, excellent site without a lot of the knuckleheads and negativity that seem prevelant on some boards (ilsapproach, for example).

Whatever you decide, remember:

1. You are a student, but also a customer. Demand good customer service and safe aircraft.

2. Don't buy a job.

3. No school can guaruntee you a job, regardless of their claims.

4. Don't be afraid to change instructors if you aren't getting along, remember Rule #1!

5. Have fun! Never forget why you started down this confusing and frustrating path.

Chunk

FSI Contacts

There are people at FlightSafety with whom I worked when I was there ten years ago. Send me a private if you want their names.

don't go to PANAM they milk you for ur money and fly u rediculious amount of hours for ur ratings. may be FSI but there are lots of other flight school in FL. just follow the guide line given by others on this message and find a good one that suits ur need. if you have tons of money to spare then go where ever u want to. only big names of flight schools doesn't matter, what does matter is ur flying standerd and ability.
good luck in ur career..

Latest resources

Back