Wanted to say "Hello"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

metalleg38

Just registered here and thought I would introduce my self.

My real name is Troy and I am 38 y/o, very happily married and have two children. One each, they are 11y/o and 8y/o. We live in southern Indiana, along the Ohio river.

Around the end of August or first part of September I will be relocating to Fla. to attend a flight acadamy. Still deciding which one, but have narrowed it down to 4. We are taking a family vacation this summer to Fl. and I will take a few days out of the trip to tour the finalist.

In my life I have done a variety of things and hope to make this my last career change. The last few years I have been the owner and operater of a small sign and graphics business here in town. We did everything from Super sized banners to back-lit signage, but specialized in vehicle lettering and graphics.

I have sold my business and I plan on spending the summer with the wife and kids until I leave for school. I may end up going to my local FBO for my private, but havn't decided on that yet.

I look forward to learning from the people here and hopefully making some new friends.

Again, I just wanted to say "Hello" and introduce myself.

Last edited:
You've come to the right place. Ask away with your questions and concerns, and you'll get a great cross-section of feedback.

Good luck with your plans.

Good Luck to you and a very welcome aboard....

I wish you wind at your "six" and dreams come true at your "twelve"

Welcome aboard!

Check out www.jetcareers.com for some good info as well. It is run by a Delta Airlines pilot and much of the webpage, espescially the message boards, are geared for people just starting out in aviation. There is even a dedicated message board for mid-life career changers. An excellent site.

Good luck to you.

Good Luck to you. You will find some excellent information here. This is by far the best aviation related message board IMO. You are getting ready to start a long, exciting journey..enjoy every minute.

flyhi

Don't worry. I was older than you are when I started, and yesterday I got a call for a Lear job.

More on that this evening, folks. Guess I'll have to change my info block over on the left...

Prayers are welcome.

Latest resources

Back