WANTED: Professional Pilot Mentors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Giving back....

Somebody above mentioned the need to give something back to the younger generation. I got involved with Alex and the pilot mentor network because I felt that need....and because it's fun. There are message boards at the site but free for all conversations about any topic are not the goal....mentoring young pilots and giving them advice is. I told Alex to come here since I don't know of any other place that has so many professional pilots who are potential mentors....please be nice to him. Alex is 14 and nuts about aviation....remember when you were like that? If you think you might have time to help out a young pilot via this new site....please help us out by signing up as a mentor.

Great idea!

Count me in! Just a CFI working out of Delaware, OH but I sure wish something like this was around when I was just getting started. Its always great to meet someone who is enthusiastic about this industry . . makes the 'crash and dash' daily pattern routine sooo much more bearable! :)

Regards,
FlyWest

Thats right. It is so great when an aspiring pilot who doesn't know anything about the industry finds a pilot mentor to help him/her out. Many people who want to be pilots don't have anybody in particular to resort to to ask questions and seek guidance from.

Alex (founder) age 14?

Alex,

I commend you for your ambition and ingenuity at such a young age. Looks like you already have the drive to succeed and seem to carry yourself well across this median.

Good luck with your new website and thanks for lending a positive role in our industry. We could use more like you.

Re: More Spam

Fly4ever390 said:
More Spam.

Hey Fly4ever,

Your village called and their idiot is missing, and they would really like you back...

This kid is intelligent, ambitious, loves aviation, and is trying to do something good for other aspiring pilots. How about offering encouragement rather than denegration.

Just a thought.:D

Alex,

Started flying about your age, I think this is a great idea!! I joined the other day, let me know if I can be any more help.

You are going to find it an intresting ride. When I was in my late teens I had dinner with a few friends and airline pilots, while the specifics of the conversation have faded I do remember a lot of complaining. I will give you some early advice one of them gave me later that evening. Don't ever forget why you got into this.

I started to, luckily a flight in a biplane to Oshkosh saved me!! Hope to give back what SO MANY have given to me..

AAflyer

Latest resources

Back