Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotmentornet

Pilot Mentor Network
Attention Professional Pilots! Airline pilots, corporate pilots, cargo pilots, military pilots, ALL professional pilots are needed as MENTORS for a brand new network designed to help aspiring professional pilots get to where YOU are now.

Since the network is brand new, it needs mentors in order to open. Please, sign up today and help hundreds of aspiring pilots through the road to a career by informing and guiding them, step by step! The website is located at http://www.pilotmentornetwork.com

----------------------
A Press Release has been reproduced below
----------------------

The Pilot Mentor Network is a brand new concept to aviation internet that was designed to provide help for young people interested in becoming professional career pilots. It is where "mentors" (current or retired professional pilots that provide guidance to aspiring pilots) are brought together with "mentorees" (aspiring professional pilots who are seeking guidance from a mentor). It is where mentorees can get current, reliable information about a career in aviation as well as learn from the stories of how individual professional pilots achieved their career in aviation.
The website (located at http://www.pilotmentornetwork.com/) provides valuable information concerning the many steps aspiring pilots will take on their path to becoming a career pilot. Mentorees can ask actual professional pilot mentors specific questions on an interactive question board, view their profile (the life story of how that pilot got to where he/ she is), read interview style questions asked to the pilots to find out even more about that pilot, and view articles written by the mentors regarding related and sometimes confusing topics.

Mentorees can read the profiles of all the website’s registered and verified pilot mentors and are free to ask any mentors questions regarding their career in aviation. Mentorees can also request a personal mentor. This happens when a mentoree finds a pilot mentor that he/ she would like to get even more advice from on a more personalized basis. At this point, the Pilot Mentor Network will exchange the e-mail addresses between the mentor and mentoree, allowing the mentor and mentoree to have a stronger, lasting mentorship. (The Pilot Mentor Network refers to the term mentorship as the professional guidance relationship existing between the mentor and the mentoree.)

The Pilot Mentor Network was founded on a not-for-profit basis, meaning that they will never charge any members for services. Joining is free for all, and members will never be asked to purchase "upgrades" of any sort.

All pilot mentors are verified through FAA certificated databases.

In the first few weeks of website operation the Pilot Mentor Network will limit membership to mentors only due to the fact that the website cannot properly function without a sufficient amount of mentors.

The Pilot Mentor Network is located at http://www.pilotmentornetwork.com/.

If you have any questions, contact [email protected].

Sounds like a great idea. I have always been a bit leery of places like ils.com, where brand new pilots are offering their "expertise" to others looking for information and/or advice. It will be nice for the newbies to get advise/answers from folks with a little bit of quality control. I don't know if it will fly or not, but it seems like a good idea and potentially great source on info for newcomers.

What a great response so far!

I would like to thank those professional pilots who have signed up as mentors so far! I would like to also thank you for spreading the word and helping this network grow.

Once again, the Pilot Mentor Network is NOT an aviation message board site like flightinfo.com, rather it is a website specificly designed to help aspiring professional pilots succeed in the aviation career of their dreams.

The Pilot Mentor Network is a not-for-profit organization.

Alex Feher
Founder

cvsfly said:
An Internet forum for pilots? How original. Isn't that what we are doing here?

Excuse me for expressing something positive about a new site to help new/aspiring pilots. Perhaps you think my energy is better spent mud slinging and rehashing the same old scope/furlough/RJDC/codeshare/reverse code-share/onelist dead horses that we spend so much time with.

Personally, while those discussions interest me, they probably fly way over the heads of aviation neophytes who would just like help and advice on how to get a career started. Not that there aren't those of us on this board who help with questions, but what is wrong with another site dedicated to that purpose?

Even with all the turmoils, trials, and tribulations of this chaotic industry, it has still been good to many of us. I applaud and support any effort to give something back, and help guide those who will follow in our footsteps.

Believe it or not the industry will not stop the day each of us turns 60. If we can have a hand in shaping and helping those to follow, so much the better.

I agree with Metro alot of the stuff about Scope, etc goes way over my head. I think I read and repond to maybe 10% of the stuff here.

The Pilot Mentor Network is an ALL new idea to aviation internet. American Airlines offers something similar, however it is not nearly as interactive. You also have to be a son or daughter of an American Airlines pilot to be able to join the mentor program. AOPA also offers a "mentor" program, however it is focused on trying to get people of all ages into General Aviation flying and is again not nearly as interactive as the Pilot Mentor Network.

The Pilot Mentor Network offers a place for aspiring professional pilots to seek trustworthy and reliable guidance from ACTUAL verified professional pilots in their aviation field of interest. Mentorees can view the pilots' life story of how he/ she got to where he she is, post questions on a question board designated for each mentor, view articles relating to professional aviation, and learn the basics in a certain aviation specialty.

There is no other website that does the same thing. No other. We are posting the press release on this website to target professional pilots first. WE NEED PILOT MENTORS for the website to operate. This is the first day of official operation.

Again, I would like to thank everybody for all their support and cooperation.

Alex Feher
Founder
Pilot Mentor Network
http://www.pilotmentornetwork.com
[email protected]

Hey, I'm all for it. I signed up today, and I don't see how it could hurt. I see no harm in educating future pilots as to what is really out there (especially civ/mil options). Am I missing something on why this new site is a 'bad' idea??

Bucka

"Mr. Blutarski, GPA 0.0. Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life..."

Notes from the our Co-Founder

Here are the notes from the co-founder of the Pilot Mentor Network:

My name is Don Eikenberry and I'm currently a Boeing 727 first officer (copilot) for the largest package delivery company in the world. I'm 41 years old and live on a lake in Nine Mile Falls, Washington, near Spokane. I have flown in Europe, Mexico, Canada, and all over the USA during the last 12 years since I was hired as a major airline pilot. I've been flying since 1978, when I was 17 years old, and loved everything that had to do with aviation long before that.and since then.

However, my favorite thing to do is not flying.it's working with young people. In my spare time, I do short term foster parenting, mentoring, camp counseling, church youth group stuff, and chill with middle and high school age kids. I especially enjoy it when I can combine my interests in youth with my interests in aviation.

So one day my friend Alex asked me to help him start a pilot mentor website. I thought it was a cool idea but since computers weren't invented when I was his age, he would have to do most of the work. I'd be happy to check what he writes for accuracy and give him some ideas. I'm impressed with what Alex came up with and am sure you will be, too. He has put a lot of hard work into this website and deserves a lot of credit.

I hope you find the Pilot Mentor Network to be a helpful and useful place. In time, this should become a site with loads of great advice and opinions on how to pursue a career as a commercial pilot. Good luck and have fun..

P.S. - - - A special note for mentors..
This site can't exist without volunteer mentors. Specifically, we are looking for anyone from CFI's to airline pilots who are willing to talk about how they got to where they are and be willing to be a mentor to several young people who are interested in a career as a pilot. Being a mentor can mean anything from just answering questions on your message board to meeting the person in real life.it's up to you. You can be a hero to some kid and help shape the future of aviation, in some small way, by participating in this website. Who knows.the person you mentor now might turn out to be the captain of the jet that flys your grandkids around or might be CFI of the year.how cool would that be? So.please give some thought to volunteering as a pilot mentor and telling your story via an on-line profile at Pilot Mentor Network.we can't do it without you.

Latest resources

Back