Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wanna fly a LCC 787 out of JFK? Norwegian Longhaul hiring JFK based pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I'd rather not. And one isn't even on probation anymore and is actually a good dude. Hired at G7 as a street captain.

If you're involved in NK pilot hiring, I'm sure you weren't interviewing the day these guys went through. Either way, I'm no fan of G7 and neither are the guys I met who flew there.

What's with the GoJets hate? There is NO shortage of regional airline pilot groups that have purposefully voted in paycuts to accept growth aircraft at the direct expense of other airlines. It's been happening ever since the Comair strike of 2001.

So are you saying that you would then try and fire current NK ALPA line pilots who were ex-GoJets? How? And on what basis?

Grow up.

The basis? We have had some G7 applicants claim TSA Holdings on their resumes, luckily it was caught before they went further. If any made it past and are on probation then they are not an ALPA protected member yet, misrepresentation on your application or resume' is grounds for termination, that's pretty standard.

What's with the GoJets hate? There is NO shortage of regional airline pilot groups that have purposefully voted in paycuts to accept growth aircraft at the direct expense of other airlines. It's been happening ever since the Comair strike of 2001.

Not the same as an alter ego my man

Just to throw a little fuel on this pathetic fire.......
Technically all GoJet pilots do infact work for transstates holdings!
But by all means please keep bringing the hate, it's very
amusing.
Btw what's with the call sign "Spirit Wings"
Were "Jazz Hands" or "Rainbow Express" already taken?

Thread Creep?

How does any of this Gojet bullspit relate to Norwegian Longhaul pilot opportunities?

How about you guys start your own thread?

Because Norwegian will look worse than GoJet to a major pilot board on your resume. And to any civilian background, GoJet before tran's states settled it looks awful. Apparently there is a specified date to coincide.

Respect of your peers doesn't always mean you will or won't get a job, but it's usualky the starting point for any career.

I have this strange thing where I like to like what I see in the mirror.

Because Norwegian will look worse than GoJet to a major pilot board on your resume. And to any civilian background, GoJet before tran's states settled it looks awful. Apparently there is a specified date to coincide.

Respect of your peers doesn't always mean you will or won't get a job, but it's usualky the starting point for any career.

I have this strange thing where I like to like what I see in the mirror.

Doubtful that anyone who is looking to fly 787s for Norwegian will be the types who are looking at American, Delta or United some day. My guess is if they find Americans who are willing to apply it will come from the ranks of guys 50 and older who have been slogging it out in Asia or the Middle East over the last several years. That or it will be Europeans who also happen to hold dual U.S. Citizenship, but have spent most of their lives outside of the United States and whose opportunities for the likes of Lufthansa, KLM or some other big European legacy have passed them by.

Last edited:
Btw what's with the call sign "Spirit Wings"

No, but just Spirit was taken, still is. It belongs to the B-2 "Spirit" bombers of the 509th BG out of Whiteman. They also use the even more ominous callsign of Death. So, if you hear "Death 01, 02 etc" on the radio, that's who it is.

I guess Mr Spirit thinks all the Comair guys (180+) that went to GoJet when Comair shut done are "doomed" as well.

I think (hope) the 180+ number is exaggerated. There were nowhere near than many of us who went to RAH after the Comair shutdown, and I'm fairly confident that we were more numerous than those who went to G7, especially once the "two-week(or whatever) upgrades" slowed down.

Latest resources

Back