Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Anybody out there have any info on Wal-Mart flight department? I have the address and stuff. But I was wondering if anyone knew any inside scoop.

Thanks and Happy New Year

walmart

I was at NBAA and talked with a female captain on the Lear. She loves flying for them and says she is gone in the am and back in the pm. Small knit pilot group, right around 70 pilots. She was hired at 1000 hours and upgraded to captain on the Lear within a year. PM me if you need an email for this captain.

Within the last year ProPilot did an article on Wal Mart. A lot of good info about the department in there.

Sorry I don't have the exact issue date. You might find it online though.

Good Luck!

2000Flyer

Do some research in this company. Talk to as many pilots as you can and ask what the turn-over rate is. I have talked to several of their pilots and got the impression that it's not a good place to work. Low pilot morale,low pay and even double up crew's in one room for RON's. This was 4 years ago and things may have changed ( hopefully ) but I just want to make sure you get both sides. Some of their senior pilot's make absurd amounts of money because their of their stock options, but there are only a few of these pilot's. I realize this was a few years ago but a little leg work on your part may be worth it. Good Luck

THE NEW WALMART

I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR WALMART. ALL THE OLD STORIES ABOUT WM ARE N/A ANYMORE. THEY REALIZED A FEW YEARS BACK THAT THEY HAD TO TREAT THEIR PEOPLE RIGHT OR THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP THEM. FROM EVERYTHING I HEAR, IT'S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. NW ARKANSAS IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE ALSO.

I'm the lady pilot that was refered to in the next post....ask me and I will do my best to give you an honest answer. The only thing I can say upfront is that unless you here it from one of us or someone who has talked to us in the past year ..DON'T believe it. Everything has changed for the better!!!

Rebajetgirl,
How does one go about applying for a corporate pilot position with Wal-Mart? I couldn't find anything on the corporate webpage. I understand you fly Lears? Thanks for any info.

Latest resources

Back