Wal-Mart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, It Is True

A Good Friend Of Mine Flies For Wal Mart. According To Her, Yes, The Company Is Looking At Establishing One Or More Satellite Bases, Where? Don't Know. Will It Be Staffed By Pilots Already Employed By Wal Mart-yes! Will They Also Live Out At This(these) Locations? She Doesn't Know. So, That Is Basically It. Many Companies Do This. The Vast Bulk Of The Flying Will Still Be Out Of Arkansas.

7xpilot said:
A Good Friend Of Mine Flies For Wal Mart. According To Her, Yes, The Company Is Looking At Establishing One Or More Satellite Bases, Where? Don't Know. Will It Be Staffed By Pilots Already Employed By Wal Mart-yes! Will They Also Live Out At This(these) Locations? She Doesn't Know. So, That Is Basically It. Many Companies Do This. The Vast Bulk Of The Flying Will Still Be Out Of Arkansas.

The lucky ones will get to escape Rogers, AR. I wonder if they will adjust their pay for higher COLA places?

sleepy said:
The lucky ones will get to escape Rogers, AR. I wonder if they will adjust their pay for higher COLA places?

so much for living like BOSS HOGG on 46K in Inbredville Arkensaws!

welcome to the real world where WalMart employees live in cardboard boxes on the $5.75 wages they earn!!

My wife just interiewed a Walmart Associate. Pretty incredible stories she had from this person as to what is required in the name of "productivity".

I can honestly say I'll never walk into another Walmart.

I spoke to a couple of Wal-Mart pilots one day at an FBO last year in OAJ waiting for some of the exect's and they told me that the Bentonville area is actually an expensive place to live. I was kind of surprised but they said that all the Wal-Mart growth had fueled the cost of living due to other companies relocating there to be close to Wal-Mart.

Gulfstream 200 said:
so much for living like BOSS HOGG on 46K in Inbredville Arkensaws!

welcome to the real world where WalMart employees live in cardboard boxes on the $5.75 wages they earn!!

First off I have no desire to fly for Wal-Mart, I'm very happy with my current gig. Iwas curious regarding the word on the street regarding this rumor. I do know alot of people that live in NW ARk and travel there quite freq. I can tell you that currently 46k a year would get you a cardboard box in NW ARk. I say this for all those folks that think they can get a job, accept a low wage and live like a king. Those days are gone ...its changed dramatically the last 5 years from what I have seen. A friend of mine just purchased a 1700 sq foot new home (starter home) zero lot line 200K. $120 to 145 per sq foot new build seems to be the average....Funny enough you could drive north about 30 miles into Mo. and live like a king on 46k a year. Either way if you are looking at a job in the NW ARK area you better negotiate a darn good salary. Because they will throw the good ole boy crap at you and try to pay you squat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back